Coffee vs. Tea

Options
2»

Replies

• ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    I recently gave up coffee... I didn't have any left one day and only had tea at the house. Before I knew it a whole week had gone by and I didn't have any coffee. I used to be very addicted and now when I have some it doesn't taste good to me! My suggestion if you want to switch is to get good tasting tea... don't just have plan black or green tea get the kinds that have pomogrante, mango, ginger pear, etc... those are delicious!

Good ideas! Thanks Erika!
  • ashmom86
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input, so many different teas out there and I had no idea!!!!! I will definitely look into it all!!
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I recommend going into a specialty tea store and smelling everything. My favourites:

Chai - for something with a kick
    Cleanse - yes, it cleanses, but most have an earthy, spicy flavour as well
    Jasmine Pearls (aka Dragon Tears) - a very light, fresh taste
    Vanilla Pear - tastes a bit sweet and creamy without needing the sugar or milk
  • ashmom86
    Options
    I recommend going into a specialty tea store and smelling everything. My favourites:

Chai - for something with a kick
    Cleanse - yes, it cleanses, but most have an earthy, spicy flavour as well
    Jasmine Pearls (aka Dragon Tears) - a very light, fresh taste
    Vanilla Pear - tastes a bit sweet and creamy without needing the sugar or milk

I'm not sure if we have any specialty tea stores here (small town) I know we have a vitamin store I can check out, they might have something...Im thinking the Vanilla Pear sounds the best! But I will write these down to keep in mind. Thanks!
  • cryssybaby77
    cryssybaby77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is known to kick start your metabolism.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm a tea-drinker, never developed a taste for coffee. But my daily hot tea is practically a ritual for me - I've modified it from the sugar-laden sweeteners and the fat-laden creamers, and now I've got a routine that I love!

I like "sugar and milk" in my hot tea, and I like the Chai flavors of tea. My favorite tea bags are Yogi Classic Indian Spice, and Yogi Chai Green. They both have a delightful combination of the Chai seasonings!

I brew the tea in a small Mr. Coffee that has NEVER been used to make coffee! I put one bag of each in the "coffee" section, no filter, and I'll run at least 2 pots through those two bags.

Once I pour a tall mug of this hot, spicy, part Black/part Green tea, I then add Davinci's or Torani's Sugar Free Syrups - I like to mix equal parts of different flavors into one bottle, so I just have to had a splash to get a mix of flavors. Today's "mix" includes sugar free flavors of French Vanilla, Caramel, Chocolate, and Brown Sugar Cinnamon.

ADD TO THAT a generous splash of Silk Pure Almond Milk - unsweetened and unflavored. The milk is 35 cals for a FULL CUP, so for this decadent, sweet, hot, creamy beverage, I'm getting less than 10 calories - probably closer to 5. Spicy chai flavors, plus the sweetners, plus the Almond Milk flavor - YUMMMMMMMMMILICIOUS!

I record a full cup of the Almond Milk every day, because I drink hot tea all day long and I get close to a cup by the end of the day. Best 35 calories I ever "spent"!!!

:drinker:

Ice
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mandi1968
    Mandi1968 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thei first cup brewed is always the best, I let it drip right into my cup and hten put the pot in to catch the rest. I use fat free coffee mate and one little capsule of equal sweetner...does the trick....
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Just can't seen to quit coffee. Have tried it a few time though, but went right back on it.
    My husband quit the coffee and drinks green tea now and has never looked back.
    Coffee is good for you in moderation, if you are Type 2 diabetic it is also good for you.
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options
    Perhaps you can keep the coffee and wean off the creamer. Get some FRESH and high quality beans and prepare the coffee properly. Coffee is one of life's simple delicious pleasures. Adding creamers or sweeteners or whatnot just takes away from the goodness.

agreed. Good coffee needs no additions, crappy coffee needs milk and sugar.

+1 to both of these.
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use Trader Joe's fat free french vanilla half and half... you can get similar products at other stores. I mix 2 tbsp in my coffee for 50 calories. I love coffee and I totally believe in its metabolism boosting qualities.
  • katdon88
    katdon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup of black coffee in the morning, water ALL day long and at night I drink hot tea. I use Lipton green tea (naturally decaffinated) and then a add another tea bag for flavor, there are tons of fruity or minty flavors! I find that I look forward to it about an hour before bed. It also helps my snacking cravings at night!
  • TCrawford70
    TCrawford70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use to be a major coffee addict. After starting the "Cheat System" from Peertrainer and reading "Eat to Live" I totally cut coffee completely. I also don't always like hot tea unless it is dead winter-so I started w/ drinking skinny vanilla chai and gradually worked to green tea. Now all I drink is green tea(especially Arizona diet green tea) and I like raspberry green tea if you can find it w/o the sugar. Shaklee has some "Energy Green Tea" in regular and raspberry. It's part of their Cinch program. That is the only food product of theirs that Iuse. Anyway baby steps will get you there. Just stock upon tylenol to kill the headaches when you first cut out caffeine. GOOD LUCK!:flowerforyou: