Delicious Zucchini Lasagna

Options

Replies

• misschristi
    misschristi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will definitely try this...My family haven't eaten lasagna in about a year because I didn't wan't the extra carbs....Any way to get rid of the extra sodium from the sauce? Maybe homemade spaghetti sauce?

i'm sure making your own tomato sauce would save a lot of sodium... maybe try just roasting tomatoes in the oven and puree them with garlic and onion powder? just to get the tomato sauce flavors?
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What an awesome idea! Love it!
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sounds scrummy, i'll definitely be trying this sometime.
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So I made this zucchini lasagna this week adn I ate it all week for lunch or dinner. It was awesome I must say. Next I want to try something mexican but need to be careful because I have a sensitive stomach but I have been craving it. Thanks for the great recipe, I have told a lot of people about it.
  • jlpdelorme
    Options
    BUMP!
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    Thanks I will definitely try this...My family haven't eaten lasagna in about a year because I didn't wan't the extra carbs....Any way to get rid of the extra sodium from the sauce? Maybe homemade spaghetti sauce?

i'm sure making your own tomato sauce would save a lot of sodium... maybe try just roasting tomatoes in the oven and puree them with garlic and onion powder? just to get the tomato sauce flavors?

I make my own tomato sauce in summer and can it. I roast the tomatoes in the over on a low setting for hours with just a tony bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, then put them through a food mill to catch the skins and seeds. best way to control the nutritional content. This recipe sounds amazing
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump! gotta try it!
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    BUMP BUMP! Yum :)
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious, now just gotta get to the store and get the ingredients! Thanks for sharing....
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Redheadedsunshine
    Redheadedsunshine Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    yummmmmmmmmm!
  • FoxCarter
    FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Zucchini is on sale this week at the store, will definitely try. I wonder if this will freeze well?
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    YUUUUUM! Thank you for sharing!
  • misschristi
    misschristi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So I made this zucchini lasagna this week adn I ate it all week for lunch or dinner. It was awesome I must say. Next I want to try something mexican but need to be careful because I have a sensitive stomach but I have been craving it. Thanks for the great recipe, I have told a lot of people about it.

YAY!! im glad you liked it so much! :):)
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    bump....for a low carber veggie this sounds heavenly:love:
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, sounds lovely, ,will give it a go!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'll be trying this recipe next week. Thanks!
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I will give it a try this weekend!