Let me introduce myself

Options
I am a mother of 2 and happily married, I recently became a stay at home mother. I have been over weight since my first child was born,(6yrs ago) and since my husband and I decided we are done (for now) having children, I am ready to get in shape and boost my self esteem. I work out every day at home for 30-60 mins depending on how long i can distract the kids :wink: . I was hoping to see if any one would like to support and encourage one another. I do the best that I can on my own with out support, but am finding it really difficult. When I was told about this sight i was unsure if it would in fact work for me but so far it has been great :happy: I found out that I have had the app on my phone for months now but never used it, now i use it through out the day. Any who, i hope if your reading this you are well. Take care and thanks for reading :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lexy83
    lexy83 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! MY NAME IS LEX!

Here is the link TO MY FB GROUP!:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122505841129112&ref=ts

also add me on MFP LEXY83!
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good luck to you!
    The app for my phone has really helped me during the day too! Keep up the good work!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! The results of using this site have continued to amaze me on a daily basis! I love it!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great website followed by a great community! If you need help or motivation don't be afraid to add friends including myself!

Good luck to you! It's a hard and long journey but rewarding in the end!
  • ducksinarow
    Options
    welcome..the support on this site is AWESOME!!! feel free to friend me
  • lisarussell2011
    Options
    I am also new and most excited to begin a new lifestyle of exercise and healthier eating...Good luck to everyone! Lisa
  • lac1965
    lac1965 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello I am the proud mother of a 16 yr old daughter, so I cant blame the extra weight on the baby anymore lol. My goal is to lose 30 to 40 lbs. Just to make my knees feel better after standing on my feet all day. My job is very physcial and you would think I would be a bean pole, but oh no not me. LOL I joined a gym a few weeks ago and really enjoy going and working out. Hope everyone is making their goals.

Good Luck Everyone,

Lynn from Indiana
  • Leahcutie
    Leahcutie Posts: 24
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. This is my 4th day on the site. I am 45, happily married (for 25 years), have three boys - 20, 18, and 16. I have always been a tiny person and was even a size 2 after my last son was born. However, when he was 1 year old, I was diagnosed with a progressive neuromuscular disease which causes my muscles to waste away, weaken me, chronic pain, etc. I was always so very active - playing tennis, teaching aerobics, etc. and when I couldn't do these things anymore and found that I couldn't even walk without the assistance of a cane, I became depressed. The medicine I took at the time unfortunately had weight gain as a side effect too, so that didn't help. Long story short, I cannot exercise and am in a wheelchair about 40% of the time now. I became an emotional eater because I was upset and also to help my physical pain. Food was a temporary relief. My goal is to lose 30 pounds and just feel better about myself in clothes again. Thanks for any support and encouragement. :)
  • luzzell
    luzzell Posts: 3
    Options
    I have only been up here about a week, and found it to be very useful!! It's always a plus when YOU decide to take charge of your health. Good luck to everyone on this journey that we have embarked on!!:flowerforyou:
  • Jex_7
    Jex_7 Posts: 20
    Options
    Its nice to meet every one :flowerforyou: So far it has been very positive using this tool.I have shared it with many friends and hope they decide to join also!! I hope every one is doing well, btw any one have any great recipes to share?