I have hit a wall!

Options
So I have lost and kept off 10 pounds since I have started this weight loss journey but I have hit a wall. I'm not longer losing so this in turn makes me want to sabotage my goals. I find myself eating more then my allotted calories and sleeping in when I should be working out. I'm not sure what to do! I'm frustrated!

Replies

• britta0917
    Options
    Be strong!!! 10 lbs is awesome and it will keep coming off if you keep at it. Do it for all of us :happy:
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'll just list all of the things people usually say for posts like this:
    *Change your workout routine to keep it interesting
    *workout more often
    *change something in your eating habits (i.e. lower carbs, more veggies, etc.)
    *set a goal--to run a marathon by such-and-such date, or to burn x number of calories a week

Good luck
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Everyone hits a plateau at some point! Work through it, I believe in you!
  • Regina214
    Regina214 Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree with dragonbug, except for one thing. When I was on a diet years ago, my nutritionist upped my carb intake for a couple days to break through a plateau. She had me add a small baked potato to my dinner. Keep at it, sometimes it takes a while for the exercise to show up.
  • alexis92
    alexis92 Posts: 64
    Options
    I just got past this roadblock: I lost 10lbs and didn't lose any more for a month. What really helped me finally get past it this week was planning what I'm going to eat for a day the night before. Sometimes this plan changes throughout the day, but for the most part I have stuck to it and haven't gone over in calories in the longest I can remember! The most important thing is not to give up. You don't want to gain back all the weight you've lost- it can only get better from here!
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    Don't freak out, it's just a small stumble and this clearly just makes you want to achieve your goal of weight loss more. You can do this.

-Make sure your getting enough calories so your body doesn't go into starvation mode
    -Try building some muscle to jump start your metabolism
    -Get up and make sure you get some breakfast

Also maybe look into investing into some detox tea (the kind I drink is simply called "Detox Tea" found in the tea and diet aisle of the grocery store). If you hate the flavor then maybe mix it when a naturally sweetened green tea. It's also a great replacement for coffee I think. Not as strong, detoxes your body, and tastes pretty darn good.

I hope this helped any. Good luck! Don't give up! :)