TOO MUCH??

Options
ok so tonights p90x consists of yoga x... to me, when i think of a workout, im not happy unless im sweating. plus im frusterated as hell tonight. so im thinkin... would it hurt if i did the yoga and then maybe some cardio x on top of that too?? too bad i dont own a heavy weight... ohhhh a heavy weight would be wonderful tonight!

Replies

• dfresh926
    dfresh926 Posts: 48
    Options
    i never do yoga x ever it gives me a headache. it will never hurt you to replace it with cardio x its plyo yoga kenpo all smashed into one workout. i replace yoga with cardio x seems to work for me!!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    yay! thanks for the advice. i just cant see myself working thru an entire hour of yoga... booo!! i dont mind it, but i dont like it either! lol.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yoga is awesome in my opinion. So much more than a workout. It's is challenging as well...
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    I can't stand yoga, so whenever my workout calls for it (I'm doing Turbo Fire), I do some of my own stretching, and add in either cardio or strength.
  • mishelnkiki
    Options
    Yoga is awesome in my opinion. So much more than a workout. It's is challenging as well...
    i would have to agree with u! BUT... i have no balance.. AT ALL! so i spend more time trying to get into and stay into the pose, then i do actually getting any kind of stretch in. im actually surprised i havent managed to hurt myself yet. lol.
  • mishelnkiki
    Options
    I can't stand yoga, so whenever my workout calls for it (I'm doing Turbo Fire), I do some of my own stretching, and add in either cardio or strength.
    good call! might do some stretch x and some cardio!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yoga is all about core stability which will improve your performance in other exercises. Its also great for toning.

Try it out after your cardio as it will give you a nice stretch at the end
  • dfresh926
    Options
    ok so tonights p90x consists of yoga x... to me, when i think of a workout, im not happy unless im sweating. plus im frusterated as hell tonight. so im thinkin... would it hurt if i did the yoga and then maybe some cardio x on top of that too?? too bad i dont own a heavy weight... ohhhh a heavy weight would be wonderful tonight!
    girl you rock in tha usa for doin p90x!! its hard and a great workout
  • NavyWifeag
    NavyWifeag Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like yoga classes. I like the vibe. Yoga at home is lame to me.
  • dfresh926
    Options
    doesnt everyone in the classes fart all over the whole zen environment??? thats what i heard!!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I did an hour long yoga class lastnight. I was sweating, but I felt a real need for a MAJOR muscle burn afterward. So I did a short (40 mins) arms workout. Unfortunately, I mentioned this to my trainer this evening and he yelled at me for 15 mins, and then increased the medicine ball weight on me as a punishment. What he didn't know until after I finished my medicine ball slams, was that I was going to up it anyways tonight to the 16 lb'er, since I wasn't feeling much challenge lately from the 12 lb'er. Mwahahahaha... I'm sooooo tricky, :)
  • dfresh926
    Options
    I did an hour long yoga class lastnight. I was sweating, but I felt a real need for a MAJOR muscle burn afterward. So I did a short (40 mins) arms workout. Unfortunately, I mentioned this to my trainer this evening and he yelled at me for 15 mins, and then increased the medicine ball weight on me as a punishment. What he didn't know until after I finished my medicine ball slams, was that I was going to up it anyways tonight to the 16 lb'er, since I wasn't feeling much challenge lately from the 12 lb'er. Mwahahahaha... I'm sooooo tricky, :)
    fire that dumbass!!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    fire that dumbass!!

I forgot to mention that I did a biceps workout last night, not knowing what he had in store for me tonight. Little did I know that he had planned biceps and back work, so I messed up his scheduling. We've agreed that from now on, he's going to tell me what the next workout will be just so I can bring the right equipment (lifting gloves, boxing gloves, etc).

I kind of like when he pushes me. He keeps me from wimping out. And don't even think that I won't yell back. <lol>
  • dfresh926
    Options
    fire that dumbass!!

I forgot to mention that I did a biceps workout last night, not knowing what he had in store for me tonight. Little did I know that he had planned biceps and back work, so I messed up his scheduling. We've agreed that from now on, he's going to tell me what the next workout will be just so I can bring the right equipment (lifting gloves, boxing gloves, etc).

I kind of like when he pushes me. He keeps me from wimping out. And don't even think that I won't yell back. <lol>
    does he fart during yoga??? lmao good job for you girl keep workin that ****!!!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    doesnt everyone in the classes fart all over the whole zen environment??? thats what i heard!!

No