This IS my new start

Options
Here's the deal in a nut shell. I'm a mother of 4 children ranging from 1-10 and an army wife and have been those two things for my entire adult life thus far. I have never learned how to balance those two things AND make myself a priority. I must admit that I have never really ate healthy OR exercised more then walking, while pushing a stroller. I have stayed pregnant or breastfeeding pretty much my entire 20s. In between the giving birth to my children my husband would deploy for a year or more. In the last year I gave birth to my 4th child, sent my husband off to yet another deployment, got my tubes tied, and literally FELL APART. I turned to food. I ate my way through my child's entire first year of life. I couldn't bring myself to accept all these changes AGAIN without my husband. I am at my heaviest to date at 202.5lbs. I know I can't keep doing this. I cover myself up from head to toe and barely even attempt to make myself look decent. I NEED a change and that's why I'm here. I will be 30 soon and I feel this will be my new start. This will be the decade that I am not worrying about getting pregnant. This will be the decade that I put myself first. This will be the decade that I LEARN how to have balance in my life.

So, that's the nutshell...I want to shed this weight and become the person I have yet to be.

Replies

• 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You picked a very good place to find amazing support and friendship I am also new but I love it so far going on 7 days I think. anyway welcome! Your going to love it here!
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    Feel free to add me for motivation!
  • gingermim
    gingermim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weightloss journey, I hope you keep feeling as adament as you do today...little baby steps will lead to success just as big ones will so don't get bogged down if you aren't losing big amts each week. I am sure you will do it and be even more beautiful for your husband when he comes home. Thanks to you and to him for your service to your country.
  • SindeeLucy
    Options
    I am so excited for you! Congratulations on your realization. We can do this together. Thank you for sacrificing your time with your husband for me and our country.

I am 207 - turned 40 in February - suffering from severe case of empty nest syndrome and I, too, am learning how to do things for myself and to make myself happy. Oh, and I had quit making myself feel pretty so feel ya there. I got my hair (whisper- dyed) this past weekend-it helped! I have put on makeup everyday this week. :blushing:

I am confident that we can find what we are looking for. :flowerforyou:
  • pinkpowerrangerdede
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm with you.... we owe it to ourselves to put us first sometime! I think this is a great place to start... I'm new too,,, but with all of this encouragement and motivation,,,, Ima have to do it!! Come on with me..... :glasses:
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on realizing you are ready and making the first step in being here. I love your post- you write like I do when I am passionate about something, as I am sure you are. Well hopefully we can be friends and help get each other to where we need to be. I know you can do it- one bite at a time. I am currently at 238.8 and WISHING I was where you are, but none the less WE CAN DO THIS- no matter how long this JOURNEY is! AND HERE IS TO NEW LIVES & BEING THE PERSON WE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE! =)
  • MySkinny30s
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am going to take small steps to lead me in the right direction. I have allowed myself to make so many excuses as to why I haven't tried to lose weight and this morning I woke up, took my child to the bus stop, and saw my neighbor running down the street as I do every morning. Usually, I just roll my eyes as her size 2 self runs but this morning I stopped myself and asked myself why I get so annoyed at this perfect stranger. Well, clearly it's only jealousy. She runs whether it's sunny, raining, or snowing. At that point, I just told myself that she deserved her body and I deserved mine. Things had to change and I came home and walked on my clothes hanger (aka treadmill) and joined this site. I know it won't be over night and won't be next month but soon I'll be running down the street right behind her :happy:
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on taking the first step towards a healthier you! The first step is always the hardest, the rest will fall into place as you go along :)
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    There is awesome support here! Welcome!!