Options

Replies

• caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    MON – Circuit Training Completed: N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: Y~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    WED – Circuit Training Completed: Y ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    THU – Circuit Training Completed: Y/N? ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y/N?
    FRI – Circuit Training Completed: Y/N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y/N?
    SAT – Circuit Training Completed: Y/N? ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y/N?
    SUN – Circuit Training Completed: Y/N? ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y/N?

Total Days of Circuit Training: 2/3
    Total New Fruits and Vegetables: 0/2
    BONUS: How many times did you complete the Circuit Training Routine this week? 2

circuit training was slightly easier today than yesterday, yay!
  • Patecakers
    Options
    MON – Circuit Training Completed: y ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: y~ New Fruit/Vegetable:Y - grilled spaghetti squash...interesting!
    WED – Circuit Training Completed: N..did another work out all together! ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y Kale...quite tasty!
    THU – Circuit Training Completed: ~ New Fruit/Vegetable:
    FRI – Circuit Training Completed: ~ New Fruit/Vegetable:
    SAT – Circuit Training Completed: ~ New Fruit/Vegetable:
    SUN – Circuit Training Completed: ~ New Fruit/Vegetable:

Total New Fruits and Vegetables: 2/2
    BONUS: How many times did you complete the Circuit Training Routine this week? 3
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    MON – Circuit Training Completed: Y(x2 d/t Jillian M. RI30) ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: N~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    WED – Circuit Training Completed: Y (x2 d/t Jillian M. RI30) ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y Champagne Mango-really yummy and tangy, I will buy it again :happy:

Total New Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2
    BONUS: How many times did you complete the Circuit Training Routine this week? 4
  • Shawnna1965
    Options
    just found this I'll get in on the next one for sure this is great motivation
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    just found this I'll get in on the next one for sure this is great motivation
    Welcome!!! Although, I think your name is spelled wrong. ;) hehe
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I think I may have figured out where I will find my fruit... We have a huge asian market here and they have a HUGE produce department of WEIRD and normal things. I should find something there. hehe Anyhow I will keep you posted, for sure.
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    MON – Circuit Training Completed: Y ~ New Fruit/Vegetable:N
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: Y~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    WED – Circuit Training Completed:N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y Persimmon

Total New Fruits and Vegetables:1/2
    BONUS: How many times did you complete the Circuit Training Routine this week? 3

So I was planning on doing the Circuit Training but my lovely Husband arranged for us to go out for my Birthday, he and my sneaky Mother had it all planned and I got quite a surprise when he came home from work and told me to start getting ready :smile:, Mum came and looked after the kids and we had a lovely dinner and then went to a show after. It was great, with 5 kids we rarely get to go out anywhere just the two of us.
    But I did manage to get to the shops and I got a Persimmon, it looks like a tomato, kinda crunchy like an apple and tastes quite sweet. Not sure if I really enjoyed it, did'nt hate it but I don't know if I would buy it again. Gotta find me a new vegie now.
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    MON – Circuit Training Completed: Y (2) ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: Y (1)~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y (Pepino Melon)
    WED – Circuit Training Completed: N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y (Mango Smoothie)

Total New Fruits and Vegetables: 2/2 (still need a veggie)

So today I made a mango and banana smoothie. The last time I had a mango was probably years ago. Given my lack of experience, the mango wasn't really ripe, but it still had a nice flavor. I added one whole mango (cut up), probably about a cup of vanilla ice cream (wish I had fro-yo to cut on cals), a banana (also cut up), and a dash of milk--probably not more than an eighth of a cup. Then blended. The flavor of it was really good, but it was a little chunky for my taste--I think it needed to be blended longer. But overall, I really liked the taste of it. The banana and mango went really well together.

I've got like 3 more mangos that will hopefully ripen soon and I can try this again.

Going to try to steam an artichoke tomorrow! :)
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Still having a sinusy day, so I'm not the happiest of campers, but got in a great workout with my trainer this morning, and am raring to go.

Last night, I had my book group. We meet at a different restauant each time, and last night, it was a Mexican-Salvadorean place. I had a lovely grilled shrimp salad that had hearts of palm in it -- a new veggie for me! W0ot! It was a little weird, different texture, kind of soft, but had a nice pickled flavor to it.

Now, if only I stuck to my guns and DIDN'T have the tortilla chips they put in front of me AND a margarita, I would have been exactly on track yesterday. :grumble: But today's another day, right?!

MON – Circuit Training Completed: N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: Y/New Fruit/Vegetable: Y (if you count quinoa--technically a grain--a new way) ;-)
    WED – Circuit Training Completed: N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y (hearts of palm)
    THU – Circuit Training Completed: Y ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y/N?

• caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I just tried TWO new vegetables at lunch!!! (and had to post right away because I'm so proud haha)
    I added roasted red peppers and sliced beets to my salad...I actually really liked the peppers, and will probably add them to salads in the future. As for the beets...not so much of fan, actually, as I was eating them I mostly thought "yuck"...but hey, at least I tried!

I am going to keep looking for a fruit but 2 vegetables should count for 2, right? :wink:
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    MON – Circuit Training Completed: Y (2) ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: Y (1)~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y (Pepino Melon)
    WED – Circuit Training Completed: N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y (Mango Smoothie)
    THU – Circuit Training Completed: Y/N? ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y (Papaya, Artichoke, Avacado)

Total New Fruits and Vegetables: 5/2

So I tried 3 new fruits/veggies today.
    First there was papaya. Yuck. Not sure if it was overripe or not ripe enough, but it didn't taste very good. I could only stomach one bite. I might take someone with me next time I get one who knows what to look for and get one. I think the one I got was bruised (because I was squeezing it to see if it was ripe), and was either not ripe enough, or too ripe. I'm not sure. In any case, I think I would try it again if I knew when it was good to eat, but I wouldn't run out and buy one myself.

I also tried avocado. Now, I've had fresh guacamole and eaten fresh avocado on various things, but I decided to try it spread on toast. OMG, DELICIOUS! I totally recommend this. I took a slice of 12 grain toast, and mashed up 1/2 an avocado and just spread it on and voila, breakfast. It was sooo good. And very filling. Kind of calorie heavy-- my bread is 110 cals/slice and 1/2 an avocado (according to the MFP database) is 145 cals. The cals surprised me, but since it's so yummy and delicious, I decided not to care. :)

Finally, I tried an artichoke. I've had artichoke hearts (on pizza=delish!), and spinach and artichoke dip, but the last time I had a full artichoke was when I was 12. It was actually really simple to steam. I pulled off a couple of the smaller leaves near the stem, and pretty much did nothing else. The recipe I had said that the pointies on the leaves would soften with cooking (which they did.... mostly), and that the stem, while bitter, was edible. So I pretty much threw the artichoke into a colander (after rinsing in cold water); put a few inches of water in a large pot with a bay leaf, lemon juice (recipe called for slice of lemon), and a clove of garlic (crushed); put the colander on top of the pot (so that most of the colander was inside the pot, but not touching the water); threw a lid on top; got the water boiling; and then lowered it to a simmer for about 35 minutes. I shared it with my boyfriend, and it was delicious. The larger inner leaves are just absolutely fantastic. We um.... couldn't find the heart though.... not sure what happened. We found the choke (so much fuzzier and cuter than I expected!), but couldn't figure out where the heart was. It was delicious all the same!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I just tried TWO new vegetables at lunch!!! (and had to post right away because I'm so proud haha)
    I added roasted red peppers and sliced beets to my salad...I actually really liked the peppers, and will probably add them to salads in the future. As for the beets...not so much of fan, actually, as I was eating them I mostly thought "yuck"...but hey, at least I tried!

I am going to keep looking for a fruit but 2 vegetables should count for 2, right? :wink:
    i love beets and eat the REGULARLY! ;-D Excellent natural detox food. I eat them ANY SHAPE or FORM! :-D
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    She_elf

Avocados and artichoke are amazing! Avocado ia wonderful natural fat. I eat them cut in half by themsolves scooping with a spoon, or on salad, or a sandwich, whoel wheat bagel, in my soup... so one ofm y favorites!
    Everytime my brother is home, me or my mom buy an artichoke and we just sit at the table and get all the good stuff out of the leaves and eat it all away! I agree that artichoke is delicious on pizza! :-D yum!

I have only had papaya in smoothies and I love it that way! but I am not willing to buy the huge thing and waste it lol Glad you enjoyed your treats!
  • SCFancher
    SCFancher Posts: 24
    Options
    I am new to MFP and love this idea of weekly challenges. I will definately be on the lookout next week for the challenge and join in. Do I need to do anything to join the group or just do the challenge and post my updates??
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    MON- Circuit Traning Completed: YES (i hope to do it 2 more times later tonight but just in case i did one circuit while kids were busy) New Fruit/Veg: Not yet!
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: n
    WED – Circuit Training Completed: y
    THU – Circuit Training Completed: Yes and again i hope to do it later tonight a few more times but no promises...crzy busy here
    SUN – Circuit Training Completed: y/n new fruit/vegetable: y/n
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ok i just went for a 20 min walk (leisure walk) then did the circuit 2 more times!!!:smile:
  • Patecakers
    Options
    MON – Circuit Training Completed: y ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: y~ New Fruit/Vegetable:Y - grilled spaghetti squash...interesting!
    WED – Circuit Training Completed: N..did another work out all together! ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y Kale...quite tasty!
    THU – Circuit Training Completed: Y ~ New Fruit/Vegetable:N
    FRI – Circuit Training Completed: ~ New Fruit/Vegetable:
    SAT – Circuit Training Completed: ~ New Fruit/Vegetable:
    SUN – Circuit Training Completed: ~ New Fruit/Vegetable:

Total Days of Circuit Training: 3/3
    BONUS: How many times did you complete the Circuit Training Routine this week? 4
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    MON – Circuit Training Completed: No~ New Fruit/Vegetable: YES!
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: No~ New Fruit/Vegetable: no
    WED – Circuit Training Completed: No ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: no
    THU – Circuit Training Completed: Yes! ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: no

Total Days of Circuit Training: 1/3
    BONUS: How many times did you complete the Circuit Training Routine this week? 2
    OK, so I saw my trainer today, well, Jeremy's trainer... but he totally kicked my *kitten*! I am counting it as my circuit!!! lol
    I plan to go to H Mart this weekend and getting some crazy fruit!

Sanny kicked my *kitten*! Goblet Squats 1 min, 1arm DB swing with squat 1min, Split squats (jumping lunges) 1 min, Lunge twist with medicine ball 1min, Weighted side lunges 1 min, Mountain Climbers on buso ball 1 min, T-pushups 1 min, DB upright row 1 min, Squat press 1 min. NO STOPPING... 10 second rest between sets 2 times through entire circuit. Now THAT should shed some inches! (*I hope*)
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    MON – Circuit Training Completed: N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y-Mango
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    WED – Circuit Training Completed: N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N
    THU – Circuit Training Completed: Y x 2 ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N

Total Days of Circuit Training:1
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    MON – Circuit Training Completed: N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y-Asparagus (It was ok, no flavor but edible)
    TUE – Circuit Training Completed: Y (2)~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y~Pear (I tried this fruit a long time ago and didn’t care for it. I tried it today it was pretty good. I guess my taste buds are changing)
    WED – Circuit Training Completed: N ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: Y~Onion (Onions are the enemy but my cousin made chicken with onions and it wasnt too bad. I MIGHT try them again)
    THU – Circuit Training Completed: Y (1) ~ New Fruit/Vegetable: N

Total New Fruits and Vegetables: 3/2