Nintendo Wii Fitness Games

Options
Anyone out there use the Nintendo Wii games and know the calories burnt on some of the games?
For example the boxing and tennis games, I am working up a great sweat while playing but don't know how I should log them. Any ideas?

Replies

• Footprintz
    Options
    Anyone out there use the Nintendo Wii games and know the calories burnt on some of the games?
    For example the boxing and tennis games, I am working up a great sweat while playing but don't know how I should log them. Any ideas?
  • crazyboutdasies
    Options
    Tennis:
    The real sport: 8.1 calories per minute
    Wii Sports: 5.3 calories per minute

Boxing:
    The real sport: 10.2 calories per minute
    Wii Sports: 7.2 calories per minute

Golf:
    The real sport: 3.9 calories per minute
    Wii Sports: 3.1 calories per minute

Bowling:
    The real sport: 7.2 calories per minute
    Wii Sports: 3.5 calories per minute

Baseball:
    The real sport: 7.3 calories per minute
    Wii Sports: 4.5 calories per minute

Off course everyone expected that real sports make you burn more calories than the Wii Sports games, but during their research they certainly didn’t play too active. The just flicked their wrists and didn’t throw their whole body into the game.

I hope this helps you out. I found it on the Wii healthy sight
    http://www.wiihealthy.com/gamenews/wii-sports-vs-real-sports-burned-calories-calculated/
  • Footprintz
    Options
    Thank You TashaE1229

This is very helpful. I do put my whole body into the Wii games. Especially the tennis, I played about 6 games two nights ago and my arm muscles are screaming.
  • crazyboutdasies
    Options
    I use to have a wii so I know what you mean, I'm waiting till income time to buy another one, I can't wait.
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    This is a really helpful topic, thanks!
    My sister has a Wii, but I feel so silly playing it sometimes! :embarassed: