What's one food.....

Options
perrytyra
perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
That you may have just realized that you have not eaten since starting MPF? There aren't a whole lot of things I have given up. I don't eat Debbie Snacks anymore, but I knew that, and I don't miss them. They aren't all that tasty anyway. The cakes taste like plastic to me.

Anyway, I just realized that I have not eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich since starting. I love to have one at least once a week, but I like to eat them on soft bread, I don't really buy that anymore, and if I do, I just get it for my hubby.

I want one now! Any suggestions on what bread I could use and would still like? I buy myself that dense whole wheat stuff now. But I can't imagine it being as good as some yummy soft bread. I have a feeling there aren't any healthy choices out there. Plus, that healthy bread I eat, has 100 calories per slice. I just eat one slice of toast in the morning with my breakfast. Like a yogut or fruit.

Replies

• SugaDumplin
    Options
    I don't eat sandwhiches anymore either. But I love peanut butter on sprouted bread.

I warm it up in microwave a lil and then spread on the peanut butter.

You can get it at Trader Joes called sprouted wheat bread.

For sandwhiches I use flat bread for wraps.
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use Sara Lee 45 calories and delightful for my PB&J's. It's got that smooth texture.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Try "Sara Lee 45 calories and delightful" bread...very soft and they have whole wheat versions. I love it. And as for food....I'd have to say pizza... I did have a craving for it though and managed to satisfy it with a pizza lunchable--where the calories are listed right on the box!
  • jmjones2002
    Options
    I have actually eaten several this week for lunch:-) I buy the Nature's Own Whitewehat bread or the butter bread! I do like wheat but need a change sometimes. I have stayed under my cals even with eating them this week. This is TMI but since eating healthier my colon is working properly but since eating these I have gone ALOT this week so it helps me feel better! Oh and I only use one tsp or tbsp of p.butter. So I'm not drowning my bread in it!
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    Just like plain_Jane said. Sara Lee 45 calorie bread! It's amazing!
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    PB & J is actually good on melba-thin rye...really.
  • allimac09
    allimac09 Posts: 33
    Options
    I use Arnold's Select Sandwich Thins... The whole roll is 100 cal. I have a peanut butter and honey sandwich a few times a week. In fact it was part of my lunch today! Soooo good!

And I haven't eaten ice cream since I started this. It's one of my favorite foods, but it usually starts a downward spiral. I'm gonna have it now and again in moderation.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I was trying to stay away from those smooth breads because I figured they were highly processed. But, since I do have some Aunt Millies Healthy Goodness Potato bread that I had bought for the rest of my picky family, I went ahead and made a sandwich this morning. 35 calories a slice.

I have tried a couple different brands of those sandwich thins, and though they were pretty gross. I have been using the leftover buns to make mini pizzas.