Intimate question about calories burnt??

Options
Not sure if this is inappropriate here but i wont put it in a disrespectful manner...I was just wanting to know if there is a list of how many calories you burn while in an intimate session with your loved one? Or do people here just list it as aerobics like i just did? I just want to be putting the correct info in my exercise diary, sorry if i might offend anyone :(

Replies

• brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've heard you burn 60 calories per 10 mins of it.
  • ebejeebiez81
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    Ok... It's kind of funny that you want to add that as a workout. It does burn calories but so does washing your feet in the shower :smile:
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    you don't burn enough to really matter. you are probably better off not counting cals from sexual exertion unless you are doing it for hours.
  • charding40
    Options
    dont be embrassed about it!!! i wanted to ask that exact same question! i even entered sex in the exercise dept but nothing showed up! it should as it can be strenuous! lol! :devil:
  • Azuleelan
    Options
    you don't burn enough to really matter. you are probably better off not counting cals from sexual exertion unless you are doing it for hours.

there's a thought! :laugh:

Look here, there's a cell for sex. And one for foreplay.

http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi
  • shagsywagsy
    Options
    My partner has just started using a heart rate monitor for exercise...I suggested he try that and see how many calories are burned! Don't be emarrassed, most of us are thinking it!
  • hamsmash
    hamsmash Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Some put more effort into it than others, pretty sure my heart rate is in the 120's during and not from the hormones
  • Azuleelan
    Options

Some put more effort into it than others, pretty sure my heart rate is in the 120's during and not from the hormones

OMG, TMI!!, lol!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i consider this part of my regular calorie expenditure (even if i get sweaty), like basic housework or walking through the grocery store. okay, *way* more fun, but still part of what i consider usual activity.
  • ebejeebiez81
    Options
    I'm glad i could get y'all a few laughs! this wasnt a stupid question and if you are doing it right there are calories to be burnt....so i am sorry for all those who are just jumpin on and off, i understand you not burning in a situation like that :) At least the people who wanted to know got some answers :) and all others a good laugh ;) Thats what i am here for! have a great night all thanx for the feedback :)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    This falls into my category of "it's something I did regularly before and still managed to gain weight, so it doesn't count as exercise now" I only count things that I didn't do regularly before.
  • Azuleelan
    Options
    I'm glad i could get y'all a few laughs! this wasnt a stupid question and if you are doing it right there are calories to be burnt....so i am sorry for all those who are just jumpin on and off, i understand you not burning in a situation like that :) At least the people who wanted to know got some answers :) and all others a good laugh ;) Thats what i am here for! have a great night all thanx for the feedback :)
    Uuuuh, what's up with the defensiveness...
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    This falls into my category of "it's something I did regularly before and still managed to gain weight, so it doesn't count as exercise now" I only count things that I didn't do regularly before.

Good point! I wouldn't bother logging it, but that's up to you. :smile:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options

wow, lightbulb moment for me! i have struggled with trying to determine what to log with regard to some exercise, and your statement is so perfectly logical ... many thanks for the bit of wisdom.
  • ebejeebiez81
    Options
    Uuuuh, what's up with the defensiveness...
    Oh i didnt mean to sound defensive, i was just noting that some got advice out of this question and some got laughs...LOL. I looked up that calculator site you gave me and hey i burnt 236 calories tonight ;) LOL so i am good with that :)
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

completely valid question and something that's been asked tons of other times. Don't let a few others bother you with their snickering. you have every right to ask :)
  • ebejeebiez81
    Options
    Good point....darn it :( but hey i dont get sessions like the one tonight all the time anymore since its been almost 4 and 1/2 yrs together...LOL so i consider this something not so regular hehe ;)
  • Azuleelan
    Options

Awesome! That definitely is worth logging in :happy:
  • ebejeebiez81
    Options

completely valid question and something that's been asked tons of other times. Don't let a few others bother you with their snickering. you have every right to ask :)
    Thank you! they were starting to but i am such a happy go lucky person unless ya tick me off extremely that this didnt get under my skin to bad, like i said some got advice some got laughs i dont mind being a butt of a joke here and there :) and yer right it is a question i am sure many people wonder about!! it is a physical activity for sure!