Slim-Fast Results

Options
Hi! Have any of you tried slim-fast? What were your results?
I am trying to lose a quick 25lbs before my vacation in June and I am thinking that Slimfast might be the way to go, just for a couple of weeks to kinda give me a jump start, so I am just wondering what your experiences are. Thanks!

Replies

• starboardzor
    Options
    I tried it a couple years ago and I was just hungry ALL the time. The taste was pretty decent but I didn't lose any weight on it and I was just miserable and starving. I think it's better to eat real food! I went from 155 to 130 simply by eating real food and lots of it.

Edit: I also want to add that I took on the Slim Fast diet making zero changes to the way I ate otherwise and I certainly wasn't counting calories. So I'm sure after starving all day I simply over indulged on the cr*p I was eating and I just backslid more. Definitely recommend changing your real-food eating habits instead of Slim Fast, because I'm sure you'd prefer a long term change right? Nobody wants to drink Slim Fast for the rest of their life.
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have to eat real food or I go back to my old ways. I do keep one in the refreigerator at work in case of emergency. Good Luck!
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    If you want to keep it off, i would not do slim fast all the way.
    But it does help when you in a pinch. Walking out the door and you forgot to eat or it will be time to eat while your running your errands. So once a day yes, but if you looking to keep the weight off I would not recommend this.
  • St33787
    St33787 Posts: 7
    Options
    The only time I can lose weight is when I have slimfast for breakfast. I have never done the entire 3-2-1 program but a few of my teachers have and they lost a lot of weight. My mom has also done Slimfast and has seen results. Good luck!!
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just from experience and then from success. Slim Fast was good to drink for breakfast and lunch, but when you eat you need to eat correctly. I will never go back onto any diet product again. I eat 3 fat loss plates and snack in between and lose the weight. My body is constantly in fat burning mode and I eat what I want. If you need more information go to DietFreeLife.com and you will begin the best lifestyle there is.
    Have fun on your vacation.:flowerforyou:
  • MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    I think their products are too high in sugar. I'd pass!
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I did opti-fast a few years ago just before my brother got married. It worked but was only temporary and I put on almost double the weight I lost. Anything with "meal replacements" is not a good way to go
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    My brother in law had used it in the past and as soon as he started eating food again he gained all the weight and then some.
    I think you need to eat the right food in the right portion to loose weight the right way.
    If you need to loose a couple of pounds fast, go for it. But know for the long haul you will gain all the weight back when you stop.
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think their products are too high in sugar. I'd pass!

I agree !
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    You are better off with the GNC Lean Shake. It has higher protein and lower calories. However, I would not have more than one or two shakes in a day. Real food is the key. I have lost 15lbs in a month by focusing on high protein, low fat foods like legumes, chicken, tuna, and lean beef. I also eat 2-3 cups of raw spinach a day with lemon juice squeezed on it.
  • carcar03
    carcar03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I followed the program 2 years ago and saw results from Slim-Fast. I lost about 15 pounds. However, it started to get expensive and once I eased back into my regular eating, I gained everything back (and here I am today!). It works for the short term as long as you accompany it with healthy food choices but for long term results, you will be better off sticking with a healthy diet and exercise!
  • burningstar28
    Options
    lol alright alright, no slim-fast......they are nasty anyway lol. So, can you recommend any good, healthy, low calorie, vegetarian breakfast food and snacks? Those are the two things I seem to have the most trouble with.
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options
    A few years ago I did the Fast Track Liver Detox and you lose weight fast. It includes whole foods but only from certain food groups and manages to be moderate low carb and low glycemic. You'll be able to stick to it for much longer than Slim Fast and get better results. It does have one day of pure liquid fast but the week leading up to the one day, and the recovery plan after make it a great method of cleansing, strengthening liver, and losing weight fast.
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options
    Btw I am a vegetarian but I eat eggs. When the plan calls for eggs I eat the eggs, when it calls for meat I use organic tempeh, egg whites, and seitan. I also ate a ton of the veggies that are allowed.