OOOHHHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Well, I go into the bathroom and put some deoderant on, look up and HUGE EFFING BUG is on the wall. I scream and get my boyfriend who turns on the light...GIANT COCKROACH! OMG I want to throw up it is so disgusting! He flings it off the wall with my shoe and then it hides behind a stuff on the counter. I grab the stuff he smooshes the roach. I feel like I'm going to be sick!!

Off to the store to buy tupperware for my flour/sugar and a broom! EFF YOU COCKROACH!!!!

Replies

• AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    It's funny because when I opened this post I expected it to be like "OMG I LOST 100 POUNDS"

But nope.

Lol next time have a warning, that story was legitimately gross. :(
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Well i hate them dang things.....Not much else to say about EFFFFING bugs :)
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    hahaha. cockroaches are NASTY!!! one time there was a giant one in my dorm room at college. We trapped it under a cup and i made my friend take it outside. 2 months later it came back and my roommate's boyfriend squished it. it's guts made a mark on the floor.

DISGUSTING.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    <~~~ Totally itchy now
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    HOLY CRAP I would have flipped too! I HATE palmetto bugs and roaches. I live in Fl so I live for the Home defense bug spray!!!!!

One time I pulled a potatoe out of the bag and a Palmetto bug ran straight up my arm!!! I flipped out so bad my husband couldn't figure out what was wrong with me!!! LMAO
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    definitely gross, but not as gross as the time i 'found' a waterbug in my shoe w/ my bare foot,
    or the rat i saw that was same diameter as my thigh :laugh:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    "the oldest cockroach fossil ever found was 350 million years old."

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Fascinating-Truth-about-the-Worlds-Oldest-Pests-Cockroaches

I think they are going to be around a while longer yet :noway:
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww. when i was on vacation in Uruguay we rented this bungalow and one night I went to get water from the kitchen, I put the lights on and HUNDREDS of them (No kidding the floor was literally black!) ran back to wherever they came from in 3 sec. I almost got a heart attack, screamed like a little pig :D The neighbours called the police. It was a little humiliating telling them what happened. But I've been dead scared of bugs ever since!:sick:
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I remember living in Florida, and the Keys, and having similar things occur! What sucked was when our Florida house (now gone sadly) sat empty for awhile when I was a kid, while I was getting treatments in Ohio, and ohhhh man...My Mom had bombs, sprays, and insect bed wraps (like mosquito nets) on every bed. That is the ONE bug/insect/whatever that I HATE more than Spiders. At least Spiders have a purpose, so I give them credit where credit is due.
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well it might help you goals - you won't feel like eating for awhile *kidding*
  • starboardzor
    Options
    I don't get grossed out by insects. But then again I am a Biology major =)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Remember in the movie "Bird On A Wire" when Goldie Hawn was in the shower with the cockroach?

Too Funny!
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I still feel sick! I went out to Target and got containers for my pantry stuff. I told my apt complex ( they spray monthly anyway ) and they're going to do an extra good job on our apt! She laughed at me because I had never seen one in my life before, being from Michigan we don't really have them around. I still feel itchy! I can't go into the bathroom without getting the heebee jeebees. Thank God we have 2 bathrooms, and the one we saw it in, isn't the shower one!
  • TonyTrinch
    Options
    hehehehe. Sorry, don't mean to laugh, well actually I do, but still. I live on the coast in the south, we have tons and tons and tons of "water bugs." Nasty vile little creatures! Good news is, when your hubby flicked it off the wall, it landed on the counter. Why's that good news? Well, alot of times, those large roaches, "water bugs", Palmetto bugs, whatever you want to call them, well, alot of times those big ones don't drop anywhere, they like to fly, and usually straight into your face...........uuuuisshhhhhhh *does a little shiver dance*

My advice, while your out buying stuff to bag up the pantry, get a trophey or plaque for the hubby. Anwyone willing to kill a roach for you, especially before it flies into your face, deserves a trophey, a big shiney, silver trophey.
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    hehehehe. Sorry, don't mean to laugh, well actually I do, but still. I live on the coast in the south, we have tons and tons and tons of "water bugs." Nasty vile little creatures! Good news is, when your hubby flicked it off the wall, it landed on the counter. Why's that good news? Well, alot of times, those large roaches, "water bugs", Palmetto bugs, whatever you want to call them, well, alot of times those big ones don't drop anywhere, they like to fly, and usually straight into your face...........uuuuisshhhhhhh *does a little shiver dance*

My advice, while your out buying stuff to bag up the pantry, get a trophey or plaque for the hubby. Anwyone willing to kill a roach for you, especially before it flies into your face, deserves a trophey, a big shiney, silver trophey.

Haha, it did fly!!! Right into the door and then flung back onto the counter. I happen to have a picture there, so it hid behind it. Gabe stood on the toilet, steadied himself with my shoe in his hand. On 3 I moved the picture and thankfully the God awful creature was upside down and he sqashed it!!!!!

P.S. I screamed like I was in a horror movie.
  • TonyTrinch
    Options
    GAAAAAAAHHHHH!! I can't believe you got one of the flying ones and still stood your ground enough to remove the picture!! Scream like a horror movie all you want, you're still braver than me, I would'a passed out dead on the floor, I really can't take the flying ones. *shudder*

So then....when you get hubby Gabe his trophey, get an MVP one for you for that awesome assist!!!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I. Can't. Handle. Roaches.

*shivers*

Once when I was living alone there was one in the middle of my bedroom floor. I was on the way out so in a panic I grabbed a bucket and "trapped" it by putting the bucket over it and then some books on top of it to keep it secure.

Came back a little later and - of course - it was wasn't under the bucket anymore :sick:
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    GAAAAAAAHHHHH!! I can't believe you got one of the flying ones and still stood your ground enough to remove the picture!! Scream like a horror movie all you want, you're still braver than me, I would'a passed out dead on the floor, I really can't take the flying ones. *shudder*

So then....when you get hubby Gabe his trophey, get an MVP one for you for that awesome assist!!!

Haha I will~ and I'll just eat some chocolate as my prize lol
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this counts because this is technically not a bug but I got bit by a Brown Recluse spider last summer :(

That made for a interesting couple of weeks.