Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Has anyone ever tried drinking apple cider vinegar as a weight loss/health supplement? I have read mixed reviews on it and cannot decide if I should try it or not. People *claim* that it also helps with other ailments I suffer from as well so it wouldnt be just to help with weight loss...altho that is my main goal right now!

Replies

• x_AmandaJayne_x
    x_AmandaJayne_x Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I tried taking shots of Apple Cider Vinegar... did not last long as I wanted to vomit everytime due to the taste/smell.. I tried mixing it with stuff and it just didnt work... I believe they have capsules tho, and I think that would be a better alternative!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    i've heard nothing but good things! use it as a salad dressing etc. I also heard it might be good to cut with water if you drink it - not sure if urban myth, but with the acidity, i heard it can be harmful going down.

you can buy the pill form too...
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • daniellescsu
    daniellescsu Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I actually like how a glass of water with a tablespoon or so of ACV in it tastes so that is not a problem!
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I've taken apple cider vinegar to aid my digestion. I like it mixed with cold water or with lemon/lime seltzer. I also use it when making salad dressings. Love the taste of it. I've heard it helps with weight loss, I don't know how and don't know if it really works
    Just make sure you get the raw apple cider vinegar with the mother. I don't know about the capsules...
  • MzShica
    MzShica Posts: 1
    Options
    I tried it and it worked. I mixed 1 tablespoon with 16oz water. I saw that my stomach went down. I don't know how much it helped with weight but it did cut inches
  • fridaythe13th
    Options
    I tried it for about 2 weeks...not sure I saw a difference though. I took about 1-1.5 tsps of apple cider vinegar and added about 1/2 a cup of water and drank it that way twice a day. I don't measure my hips but I don't think I lost any inches there, and my weight definitely did not change. I hear there are health benefits but I am not sure weight loss is one of them...
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My 91 year old grandmother has a cup of hot tea every morning and puts in a spoonful of vinegar and a spoonful of honey. She's been doing it for something like 40 years, and she actually has pretty good health for someone 91 years old! Maybe there's something to it?

Wanted to add that she JUST started getting gray hair within the last 2-3 years and she has all her original teeth (no dentures). Probably has nothing to do with her dietary choices, but I just thought it was pretty neat.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    My 91 year old grandmother has a cup of hot tea every morning and puts in a spoonful of vinegar and a spoonful of honey. She's been doing it for something like 40 years, and she actually has pretty good health for someone 91 years old! Maybe there's something to it?

Wanted to add that she JUST started getting gray hair within the last 2-3 years and she has all her original teeth (no dentures). Probably has nothing to do with her dietary choices, but I just thought it was pretty neat.

wow - that is impressive! interesting....might have to try this...
  • Brendan_Townsend
    Options
    My mother actually takes a tablespoon a day in a large glass of warm water. A couple of things. My mother is 52. She does not exercise and she's home a lot. During her yearly check-up, her doctor remarked about how much her blood pressure has gone down (it was 110/60) and how basically everything came out better.

The ACV was the only thing she changed about her routine that year and she's been doing it ever since.
  • ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have tried this and really couldn't tell a difference and also did a tonic with it and added apple juice and white grape juice it is suppose to help with a lot of things. As usual I stopped doing it but I did feel better with it. My last thing I was trying was cinnamon pills which is suppose to help lose dramatic inches and it was working but I was having a lot of gas and stopped for awhile. It also took my cravings away and I didn't get as hungry.