New....ish?

Options
OK, I have actually been using the phone app for a bit, but just started visiting the website a couple weeks ago. Just found the forum and actually started reading it....well.....today. :)

I hit 270 lbs last year (6 ft) and was not particularly thrilled about it. I had been super skinny all my life, right up to the point I became a computer geek. For some reason going from driving a truck and delivering cabinets to sitting on my rear all day made me fat...go figure. :)

This morning I weighed in at 241.6 lbs. Want to be under 200 this year.

I started running last year....pretty much not my thing. Biking, on the other hand, is very enjoyable. I am also doing the low-carb thing, which is likely what has caused me to lose my last 15 lbs in just over a month.

As a side note, my wife is my inspiration in this. She started running last year as well, but (unlike me) didn't stop. She is doing her second half marathon next month and has lost 65 lbs in 8 months. She pretty much rocks.

Anyhoo - glad to be here. Now that I have started working on losing weight, I am noticing more and more people around me doing the same. Maybe this fad will stick around! :)

Replies

• urbanruralmomma
    Options
    Welcome! It's hard to get motivated sometimes, but it's great that your wife is an inspiration.

After starting to work out last October (very minor activity), I finally think i have my metabolism raised. It's a LOT easier to loose weight now.

My biggest aids in all this have been MFP and finding exercise that I actually enjoy.

Kindest regards.
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Welcome to the forums and congratulations to you and your wife for making a commitment to your health. Its great to have a companion on your weight loss journey. My boyfriend is strong and lean, works out regularly and eats like a 12 year old! He doesn't quite understand why I can't do that with him anymore but he is supportive. He just hides his stash!

Keep up the hard work! The way you are going, 200 lbs is not too far away!