7lbs in 7 days - Super Juice Diet

Options
:happy: Hello beautiful people!
I am due to start Jason Vale's detox diet in a couple of days. Has anyone ever done it?

Before all the criticism begins, it is a healthy and safe liquid regime and you do get all the nutrients you need. Some of the juices are nice, some others taste terrible. It's like being on a liquid-vegetarian diet for a week I suppose! Most people are against a quick-fix, which I agree with, but I am already losing weight without too much of a struggle so that's not the reason why I'm doing it. As you detox your skin becomes clearer and you get rid of toxins. I don't normally eat lots of fruit and veg so this is a good way for me to give my body a bit of TLC.

I will try and keep you updated every day on how it's going :happy:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you already have made your decision. Good Luck and keep us posted.
  • VivienneSian
    Options
    Yeah I've done it before, and I did actually loose 7 pounds in 7 days. I felt great too, had lots of energy and my skin, nails and hair looked tons better. BUT, don't go back to just any old diet afterward, make sure you do Turbo Charge, but i'm sure you know that already. I'm actually starting 7 lbs in 7 days next Monday with my sisters. It's tough, but worth it. Good luck! :)
  • Tabby615
    Tabby615 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    what does the diet consist of? Im interested in possibly doing it I need to get back on track with my diet..
  • ElliMC
    ElliMC Posts: 53
    Options
    @tabby615 Here's the link to his website
    http://www.juicemaster.com/juice-programmes/7lbs-in-7-days/7lbs-in-7-days-super-juice-diet.html

@viviennesian That's really cool, good luck with it! Unfortunately I'm doing it alone but my boyfriend promised he'll avoid eating in front of me and he'll keep most of his yummy food at work (he runs a bar so luckily he can just eat there for a week). Some people said they gained some lbs straight after going back to a normal diet, did you? Not sure if they followed with Turbo Charge though!
  • VivienneSian
    Options
    I didn't gain weight, but only because I did turbo Charge afterward, it's for 14 days and you cut out loads of bad food, such as refined sugar, red meat and starchy foods. Jason Vale highly recommends you do it straight afterward, has loads of awesome recipes and you're sure to keep loosing weight healthily :)
  • ElliMC
    Options
    Will definitely have to try it then! Thanks :smile:
  • NewMeTomG
    NewMeTomG Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Will be curious to see how you do and what the results are in 21 days (given the extra 14 days of Turbo Charge).

No criticism from me. Whatever you think you need to do, do it.

I do like the idea of detox and have a friend in Arizona who does one day a week (Sundays) with a liquid diet to detox. She says it is just enough to get the positives you mention above but she doesn't do it for weight loss, just to, well, detoxify her body.

She's done it for probably 20 years and swears it makes a difference in her health and mental capacity.

All the best and keep us posted on your progress.
  • ElliMC
    Options
    Thanks for the support Tom! :smile:
    Who knows, I might even end up liking raw veg shakes! I will post how it goes :happy:
  • ElliMC
    Options
    So, day 1 - shake 1. Looks so very green and so not appealing. But the taste is great! What a surprise!
  • ElliMC
    Options
    End of day 3 - Still alive. Craving complex sugars but no signs of real hunger. Having said that, I could really murder a pizza right now!
  • Peyton115
    Peyton115 Posts: 75
    Options
    This looks really interesting and I'd love to give it a try! Question for you first: are you finding the ingredients expensive? I have really been wanting to try a detox for some time now but am a broke college student. haha :smile:
  • ElliMC
    Options
    I paid about £60 for all the fresh fruit and veg for the week, but I'm not having 5 juices per day as they're really filling so I will have lots of apples and other bits left by the end of the week. The wheatgrass, spirulina and probiotic capsules were about £30 but I bought really large bottles, they'll probably last me months!

Ps: End of day 4 - not craving junk food so badly anymore. And my skin has definately improved. (I cheated though and checked the scale, 2 1/2 lbs lost so far)
  • XoCynthiaXo
    XoCynthiaXo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Can one of you girls that are doing this 7 day juice detox plz post the recipe and what your actually suppose to do? Im having trouble getting on the website and im very eager to try this.
  • ElliMC
    Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-391377/Recipe-success-seven-day-juicing-guide.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-391391/7lbs-7-days-seven-day-recipe-planner.html

Use the links for receipes and meal planner.
    I've bought the book and the author says you should stick to the plan (even though you can skip a shake every now and then if not hungry) and try to exercise 2-3 times per day (2 times cardio and perhaps a 30 mins walk).

Good luck :happy:
  • lulusland
    lulusland Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi ElliMC how did it go? did you finish the cleans? was it hard?
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    are you saying my body holds onto toxins if i don't do a "detox"?
  • XoCynthiaXo
    XoCynthiaXo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy these crazy ingredients from?
  • ElliMC
    Options
    I'm on day 5 now so not finished yet. Soo gonna have a nice steak as soon as I can eat meat again (this is basically a vegan diet, ugh!). Won't lie, it i hard (at least it is for me) but anyone can do anything for a week :tongue:

I got the ingredients from holland and barrett but you can find them in any health shop or amazon!
  • ElliMC
    Options
    I'm on day 5 now so not finished yet. Soo gonna have a nice steak as soon as I can eat meat again (this is basically a vegan diet, ugh!). Won't lie, it i hard (at least it is for me) but anyone can do anything for a week :tongue:

I got the ingredients from holland and barrett but you can find them in any health shop or amazon!
  • sjoy711
    sjoy711 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Very interesting!!! I'd like to try something like this, but will need my husband to be on board with me. Have you had to take any time off of work? I've heard some "cleanses" are for stay-at-home only due to all the bowel movements...(gross).