LIARS!!!!!!!!

Options
:wink:

OK...for all of you who said that Zumba will be fine to do EVEN IF YOU'RE A NON-DANCER AND UNCOORDINATED PERSON....SHAME on you!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the case!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I am sooooooooooo disappointed that I could not follow or keep up with the steps my Zumba DVD....

I looked completely ridiculous and would never attempt to do this in public...

Oh well...on to find another source for a high calorie burning exercise...SIGH...

PS...Obviously this topic "LIARS" was meant in jest and should not be taken literally.... :flowerforyou:

Replies

• live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am sorry it did not work out for you hun. I did not recommend the dvd but am dying to try it. After reading your post I will def try to find it on ebay or something cheap though just in case I suck at it too lol. :flowerforyou:
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Dont give up! I was the same when I started... My husband was laughing to tears watching me! Now I just shut the curtains and lock the door! If noone can see me then I dont pay attention to how silly I look. And it does get easier after few tries. Have you tried the basics video first? it teaches you the moves step by step.
    Good luck!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you only tried this once? If that is the case, I wouldn't expect you to get it on your first try. That's like trying to pass a math test with an A+ while learning what's on the test at the same time.

I personally lost 90+ lbs in spin class, no skill required there.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I tried and tried and tried...and tried some more....Just wasn't catching on....

It was very frustrating and the opposite of what everyone else says....GOOD for you all that can keep up!!!
  • jmncolts
    jmncolts Posts: 40
    Options
    Hey..the way I look at it...even if I look silly I'm still moving and burning lol! :)
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have never tried the zumba DVD's but I did take the class several times a week when I belonged to a gym last year. I loved it. I felt completely spastic and uncoordinated and laughed so much at myself the first few weeks. But eventually you catch on (just before they change to routine up to 'keep it fresh') and it is a fun calorie burn. Try it again. Or try another zumba DVD. It can be fun, especially if you can laugh at yourself.
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I have absolutely no rhythm at all! I do what I can because it gives me a good cardio workout. I REFUSE to let my hubby see me do it. I wait till he is not at home or he has gone to bed. My kids (1 and 3 yrs old) can see me because they think I'm so cool when I do it, haha. I do notice that after a week, I am getting 0.5 percent better. :bigsmile: Imagine how much i'll improve in few weeks !

There are a lot of steps where I could not keep up. The speed of their feet is just too fast for me! But I just keep moving during that part till they get to a part that I can almost do and follow that.
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I so want to try this! I saw some clips on youtube for some of the moves, and they sure are fast at it, but they did do the slow step by step breakdown first, so I would imagine that's what the classes would be like? I LOVE to dance, so I can't wait to try this, even if I look like a damn fool at first.

I think you should keep at it. That's if you enjoyed it at all. Who cares if you couldn't keep up. You soon will.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If at first it kicks your butt ..... well kick back! I have some great videos that start out with me fumblign to keep up, goodness knows I would nto want a witness to this display of grace. :blushing: IF you like it keep workign with it. Make it fun, if it is not fun move on to the next one. I do have videos that I do not care for the way they do things. Maybe this is the case?

Do what's rigth for you. :flowerforyou:
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Lol, I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty much the worst dancer ever. My husband would laugh himself to tears to watch me try something like that. :) HOWEVER, I would get it regardless, since even dancing like me would burn something. I'm just so totally NOT into Zumba music.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I try to do the dance workouts and look like I am having a seizure or something.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    FWIW, I have a hard time with DVDs because the instructor faces you & I get her left mixed up with my left...

in Zumba class, my instructor faces the mirror just as we do so we are all on the same foot at once....
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Can I have those DVDs then? LOL.
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    once you do it a few times you will get the hang of it. the humiliation with a great friend in public is half the fun LOL I never laughed so hard and sweat so hard in my life than my first zumba class LOL!
  • KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    Options
    Don't give up on it just yet! The first time doing anything is always more difficult. And if you're doing it in the privacy of your own home, who cares how uncoordinated you look! Just shake your booty the best you can and have fun with it! No one's going to judge you!
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Now I just shut the curtains and lock the door! If noone can see me then I dont pay attention to how silly I look.

That's what I do when playing Just Dance 2 without my wife. :laugh:

Can't let anyone see me trying to dance without the excuse of my woman beside me. Besides, can't let her have all the high scores. :happy:
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    I thought about buying ZUMBA, because some people said, it was so great. Already have YOUR SHAPE, which is a lot of fun for me. But then I checked out some videos of ZUMBA (Kinect) in the Internet and thought, that it looks so stupid, it is not even a real dance you learn there, its just shaking your body all over the place, with no rhythm. My mother in law loves it, even though, she can't follow the moves. I used to dance classical dances and rock'n roll, but ZUMBA??? No thanks.
  • jcg926
    jcg926 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going through the basic DVD a few more times, and not going into an actual workout yet. They break everything down in little steps in the basic DVD (it runs about an hour!).

Good luck! I have the newest DVD set and I love it. Hopefully you'll be able to catch on and love it too! :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Send them to ME!!! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have felt this way about every DVD I have ever purchased, borrowed, or watched on TV. I have now learned the idea is the newness of it all..................your body doing something it is not used to. THIS is what helps you keep losing weight.

Just moving is great................dont worry about the steps. do some, adlib the others.............you WILL burn calories.

Good luck:flowerforyou: