Excuses

Options
Please stop making them! Don't tell me you don't have the time to work out. I'm a full time law student, work an additional 32 hours a week at a law firm and I still make time to work out 5 days a week AND have a social life. There are 24 hours in a day, use them! And when you have a question about how many calories you've burned...go with lowest number! I know you want me to tell you to use the highest number so you can feel better about yourself and eat more calories, but IDK what the right number is! Use the lower one, you're trying to lose weight so stop trying to cheat yourself! As for eating back your workout calories, yes, you're supposed to eat them all back. If you don't, NBD. You're not going to starve to death. Personally, I work out a lot and can't eat enough food to eat back all my calories, but I try to eat back most of them because if I don't, I don't have a ton of energy. And your "cheat" days...why do you need a cheat day? I understand special occassions and nights out come up and you go over your calories...forgive yourself! Don't PLAN a cheat day though. On nights I'm going out I workout more and HOPE that i burn enough calories, but if I don't, I don't. Stop making excuses people. Get to the gym, there is always time. Watch what you eat! If you go over your calories, forgive yourself and move on. Don't make excuses though.

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Right on!!! No more excuses :)
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You go girl! So very true.
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    I heard this morning on the radio, that 80 % of all Americans do not work out. This is hard to believe, since it is such a high rate. Very sad!
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Fri 04/15/11 11:38 AMI heard this morning on the radio, that 80 % of all Americans do not work out. This is hard to believe, since it is such a high rate. Very sad!

Wow that is sad. I believe it though. People just don't realize the benefits even a short walk can give them.
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    How about beating myself up? Should I do that?:indifferent:
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    And your "cheat" days...why do you need a cheat day? I understand special occassions and nights out come up and you go over your calories...forgive yourself! Don't PLAN a cheat day though. On nights I'm going out I workout more and HOPE that i burn enough calories, but if I don't, I don't.
    You are totally right. I'm taking your advice.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I heard this morning on the radio, that 80 % of all Americans do not work out. This is hard to believe, since it is such a high rate. Very sad!

Really!? I find that shocking. I don't think I know anyone who doesn't work out regularly. It's sad that so many people are missing out on all those health benefits.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    The girls at work are all starting to walk. they go for 20 min 1 mile walks around the bldg. Some go again before/after work or during lunch.

Walking, around a bldg and I BETCHA they have each lost at least 10 pounds or went down a full size.

My point is that we.......er I........can make the excuse I am tired or whatever, but I just spent 20 minutes on here!! :wink: