Wii Zumba or Wii Just Dance 2?...

Options
As a reward to myslef for losing 25 lbs and getting my diploma in medical transcription, I am looking in to getting either Zumba or Just Dance for my Wii... This will be the first time I actually use the Wii for exercising... any opinions as to which is the best and why would be greatly apprecitated... Thanks!

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2!!!!

Zumba is best in person with an awesome teacher
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    cant comment on zumba, but i love just dance 2, only the remote needed, and you can put as much or as little effort into it as you like
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crystal10584
    Options
    I think zumba will be better. just be aware that the "energy bar" at the bottom that goes up as you move with the instructor doesn't actually follow you. it follows the movement of the controller. it's a great workout... don't get me wrong, but don't be upset if you only get to level 3 on the energy bar and you're soaked in sweat.
  • Anolte76
    Anolte76 Posts: 105
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is better option. The Wii Zumba isn't that great..I tried it and sold it off. Doing the real thing is much better. The Zumba game also got bad reviews.
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    i like zumba it looks fun i have it but havent tried it actually but i have golds gym dance work out and it has tons of options....hope that helped
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I like them both but Just Dance 2 is more fun because my kids dance with me! :happy:
  • VickiB77
    VickiB77 Posts: 1
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! I
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sold my Wii and got an Xbox with Kinect...
    Dance central rocks! so does Your Shape.
    No Controller to hold on to.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Just Dance 2 and I've tried Zumba for Xbox and I would hands down go for Just Dance 2. My sister purchased Zumba for Wii and hates it.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like just dance 2 and I can't say anything about zumba. Just wasn't much of a workout for me and lots of downtime in between songs but if you are looking to have friends over and have a blast then probably just dance
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I don't have the Wii Zumba and have never done Zumba, so I can't really comment on that, but we have Just Dance 2 and Just Dance Kids here and really like them both. And this is coming from someone that CANNOT dance! It's a great workout (I do the Just Sweat mode) and am always covered in sweat after I'm done.
  • jagianotti
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVDs and just love them!
  • carliebrown
    Options
    I like them both. Just Dance 2 always turns in to a big party at my house. All my kids ( teenagers) , neighbors, neighbor's kids (elem. age) come over and it turns in to all night thing!

I personally like the EA Wii Active. I especially like the cardio boxing...just to do something different. Try going to Game Stop or something similar and buy them used. Get 'em both!

Congratulations on the certification as a transcriptionist!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is better option. The Wii Zumba isn't that great..I tried it and sold it off. Doing the real thing is much better. The Zumba game also got bad reviews.

My friend tried the Zumba for the Xbox and didn't like it but started attending an actual Zumba class and she likes it so much better. Said the real thing is so much more of a workout!
  • snowflakequeen
    Options
    Another vote for Just Dance over Zumba - I have both of these and Just Dance is my favorite!
  • goatstew
    goatstew Posts: 50
    Options
    I really like doing Just Dance 2. It's a fun way to get exercise in. I've never tried Zumba on the Wii, but in person, or even with the videos, it's also really fun. I think I'd suggest Just Dance 2 first though, and then your next reward could be either the Zumba DVDs or game. Also, maybe try going to a Zumba class before deciding on getting the stuff. If you didn't like it live, you probably won't like the game/DVD. I went to a live class and sweated like crazy, and fell in love. But I still say Just Dance 2 first. Good luck, and good job reaching your goal!
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like just dance 2 and I can't say anything about zumba. Just wasn't much of a workout for me and lots of downtime in between songs but if you are looking to have friends over and have a blast then probably just dance

Jogging or running in place in-between song selection cuts out the down time a little bit.
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use 'my fitness trainer dance workout' for wii & love it. Takes your stats & heart rate uses it to tell you calories burnt. Brought zumba & hated it must get round to selling it!
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    I have both and suggest Zumba Wii. Just Dance 2 is difficult for me to use regularly to work out due to the load times and primary focus on arm movement. Zumba, on the other hand, can be played in 20/45/60 minute sessions. In fact, Zumba is my main form of cardio. I did 2 hours yesterday on Zumba and burned 1100 calories. I can really get into Zumba Wii and let loose. If you are willing to let yourself go crazy and be completely wrong with the moves at first then go for it! Zumba Wii is one of the best purchases I've made.