I LOVE SWIMMING!!!!

Options
I just felt the need to shout it to the world that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SWIMMING!!

It relaxes my mind and energizes my spirit! It's been hours since my morning swim, and I still feel on top of the world! And the physical benefits aren't so bad either ;)

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I also love swimming. So many people don't want to go because of bathing suit issues... but the bathing suit body will show up after you have been swimming for a while!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I have advanced ostioarthritis in my knees so took up swimming again last year. I swam A LOT as a kid but haven't done much of it in over 20 years. I absolutely LOVE it . . . and what a great workout! I only go when they have the adult only lane swimming so I can work out uninterrupted.
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    LOOOOVE swimming! i was a competitive swimmer from High School through the first year of my college career. I was never super fast but I kept improving and i love that feeling. I miss racing tho.

It's such a nice break from a strenuous workout. I can feel my body getting stronger.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love swimming too! I also was a high school/college swimmer, although I was always in the slow lane...LOL I just started back swimming and have worked up to swimming a mile (66 laps) in about 45 minutes. I'm hopeful that I will be able to train for being a part of a triathalon relay to get me working towards a goal! The swim portion of the sprint triathalon is 750 meters (which is about a half mile). I'm excited! Good for you for loving swimming...there's lots of us out there! :)
  • khinojos1
    Options
    I agree!!! I have a bad back and started swimming in the mornings before work. Though I dont like to get up any earlier than I have to I have managed to get out of bed every morning before work and go and it has really made my day better as well as made my back feel better!!
  • healthyallround
    Options
    I love swimming too. I swam competitively from the time I was in 4th grade through high school. I miss racing but doing laps is just fine. Swimming is just amazing
  • sassyray
    sassyray Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So many people don't want to go because of bathing suit issues... but the bathing suit body will show up after you have been swimming for a while!

I love being in the water way too much to allow bathing suit issues to bum me out! You are right.....the swimsuit body will come....one stroke at a time!!!
  • sassyray
    sassyray Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Though I dont like to get up any earlier than I have to I have managed to get out of bed every morning before work and go

Swimming is the only thing that will get me up earlier than I have to (willingly), otherwise I'm hitting the snooze button and make up excuses in my head!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    me too.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Though I dont like to get up any earlier than I have to I have managed to get out of bed every morning before work and go

Swimming is the only thing that will get me up earlier than I have to (willingly), otherwise I'm hitting the snooze button and make up excuses in my head!

hahahaha funny how easily we can talk ourselve OUT of things!! Especially first thing in the morning!
  • Mandi1968
    Mandi1968 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yeah! So happy to see so many swimmers:smile: ! I swim Masters and am training for an open water swim this summer....it is my main form of exercise and I find that nothing else gives me the same level of a workout satisfaction with total relaxation!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I love swimming too- it burns 100 cals in 10 minutes too which is brilliant. I always feel so relaxed after a swim too :)
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I also love swimming. So many people don't want to go because of bathing suit issues...

Blah even when I was 30 pounds heavier, I still loved swimming!
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You guys! I'm almost inspired to try it myself! Perhaps if I go early in the day while the pool is still relatively clean ...
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I HATE HATE HATE it.
  • Jeanne3651
    Jeanne3651 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love swimming. I lap swim two days a week and go to a vigorous water aerobics class three days aweek on my off days I walk.
  • simpson105
    simpson105 Posts: 3
    Options
    Agreed!
    Swimming is the best, heart rate, various muscles used, and no achy joints.
  • nrstrange
    nrstrange Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I was a on the swim team from 5th grade through my senior year of high school. After that I gave it up for a while. I started swimming again a few months ago after I injured my foot running. Seriously the best workout. I can already tell that it is helping me tone up.