The secret to getting LEAN

Options
The "secret" to getting lean
Posted on 04/15/2011 by 1FITmamaofTWINS

You see it all the time on late night television. The latest gadget telling you it's possible to lose inches in just 20 minutes a day or Kim Kardashian promoting a fat burner that promises you can eat how you normally eat and still lose weight. You know deep down it's bull****, but with how busy you are being a mom/student/WHATEVER dieting just isn't cutting it so you decide to give it a try..... couple months later............ it's the same results! NO RESULTS!

and to all the people whom e-mail me asking me about what I do for exercise & diet advice due to my rather fast transformation since the birth of my twins.... THIS BLOG POST IS FOR YOU..... telling you all my "secrets"

but the "secret" is your MIND..... some people are born being happy with having an average body, some people just want to be skinny, and then their are the very few who will not be happy untill they are rocken biceps & a 6 pack. For the first two types of people mentioned above.... they will diet and exercise, and results will come.... but they will come slower.

but for the rare people like me...... we will see results quicker than the average person, and the reasons for this are simple..... we work HARDER, we diet CLEANER and we brain wash our minds DAILY... In fact, competing is on my mind 24/7.... no matter what I do, where I am.... I am imagining that goal. and though I am human and I do have the occasional beer I still diet 90% of the time.

Now while others are happy with staying in their calorie limit, people like me will take it a bit further. My chicken these days is PLAIN... marinated in olive oil - nothing more, nothing less. My eggs? I don't even touch the yolk..... though my goals will change in the future right now my goal is to get LEAN.... so things like this are what I need to be doing.

Now, I am not bashing anyone... please don't think that. I am simply trying to get you to understand my mindset because the diet that I follow 90% of the time (and I will give it to you) is not for the average person. it's for the insane.... for the person who thinks skinny just isn't good enough. It's so hard to follow that if I was on weight watchers I would be in food heaven........... especially those weight watcher cakes.... yummyyyyy but this isn't about counting points.... it's more much than that.

Have I scared you yet? If so, please join weight watches, or keep doing what you're doing..... If you know you can't follow a very strict diet don't bother reading anymore.... cause you simply will eventually crash and gain all your weight back.

If you want to try it this is my diet (adjust amounts due to calorie needs)

Meat 1- plain oats & egg whites

meal 2- plain tuna & green veggies

meal 3- chicken, olive oil & green veggies

meal 4- (pre workout) slice of whole wheat bread, 1 tbsp peanut butter

meal 5- (post workout) protein shake

meals 6- fat free cottage cheese

*** this is a leaning out diet, regular diet will have a little less veggies & more carbs from sweet potatos & brown rice***

Are you still with me? Let's talk about exercise. What do I do for my exercise routine? Thats the most asked question I get. The answer? I don't have a routine... routine = adaption and when the body adapts it eventually stops producing results. So for those of you who have the same daily exercise routine. Throw it out the damn window. This is my "routine"

Monday- chest & tris

Tuesday -back & bis

Wed- shoulders & abs

Thursday - Legs

Friday - chest & tris

Saturday- back & bis

Now you're thinking, 6 days a week? I'm to busy to do that..... Trust me, I know BUSY..... I have a husband in the Army & 6 month old twins. I am with my twins 24/7 and I am more busy being a stay at home mom to these two than I was working TWO jobs in the same day,6 days a week. When they nap (which is usually no longer than 20 minutes) I pop in a cardio dvd.. After they fall asleep, I go down to my basement to lift weights at 10pm KNOWING that they are gonna wake up at the crack of dawn.

I DON'T CARE! Even though you should be working out when you have the most energy & you should be getting at least 7 hours of sleep... I WILL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET! Why? because I want it THAT bad.... so if you want it just as bad go to your local walmart or sports authority and pick you up some dumbbells 8 lbs- 25 lbs and a workout bench. It's worth it!

If you are new to lifting weights visit bodybuilding.com and click exercise... it has videos on how to properly perform all of them =D

please remember, I am not saying I am right.... and I am not saying you should do any of this.... I am simply answering the questions I have been asked.

"What do you do for diet & exercise?"

If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask =)

Replies

• twinsmommaplus1
    twinsmommaplus1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great post! I also have twins and a single. You look great! Awesome transformation! Keep it up!
  • Venezla_c
    Venezla_c Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good post!!!! All your hard work shows in your body. You look great!!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    damn girl......good on you!! THERE IS HOPE FOR ME YET!!!!!!!
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shouts12
    shouts12 Posts: 87
    Options
    Wow... a good thing to try if I get desperate... great discipline!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed on the abs.

wonder if I too will be able to get so lucky having more elasticity than I think I might have after 4 babies, (2 of which are only 18 mos apart) did a tune on the body but trying like heck to get it back

great job in such a relatively short period of time
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    WOW, you really are discaplined. I need to follow your lead. I too have twins they are 5 now and I am a stay at home mom to a 16 month old and a 2 year old. My body is hit LoL. your doing awesome!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Thanks for posting!
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Wow. I would love to become that disciplined with my food. Do you eat those same meals every single day? I tried to look at your diary, but I can't. I've always (since being an adult anyway) wanted to build lean muscle and become fit instead of just soft and skinny.
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am amazed by your results! I just want to ask the question that it seems a few people have been dodging... Have you had any type of skin removal surgery? It just seems crazy that your skin would bounce back so quickly and beautifully after the way it looks in your before picture! There aren't even any stretch marks!
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication! I don't have your determination and know that I won't put in the same effort, but am inspired nonetheless :-)
  • Ninetta
    Ninetta Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Flippin amazing. Way to go!!!
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! you look great!