I'm new & could use a push

Options
Hi! I just joined myfitnesspal and really hoping I can find some support. I need that extra push every now and then. I have changed my eating habits and trying to stay with it. I do get tempted but I mange to stand firm! Lol! Although I have "cheated" once, I know if that continues I will slip back into my old eating habits.
Hope someone out there is willing to be there to support me and let me support them as well. Take care and I hope you all succeed in what you are trying to accomplish!

Replies

• tracyklamo
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I have been on this site for about three months and absolutely LOVE IT!!! It really holds me accountable to what I eat and how I eat but also gives me motivation and support when I am having a bad day at the gym. I'll send you a friend invite.

Welcome!
  • abbychick
    abbychick Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I need a whole lot of pushing too! : ) I'll send you a friend request. I think being accountable and support is the way to go.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the diet wagon since starting once too, lol. The good thing is that when you have to log everything you eat, even when you stray from your diet, you're able to get right back into it the next day and keep going because you're able to "see" what you're doing to yourself instead of automatically shoving food into your mouth. I felt really guilty on the day I was "bad" because I had been doing so well, but I was able to push past it and have been doing really good since! I found solutions... If I know my family is having pizza for dinner, I go out and buy a Smart Ones pizza just so I can satisfy the craving... same with hamburgers. I'll either buy Smart Ones hamburgers or I will cook turkey burgers on wheat buns... I haven't found a way around french fry cravings yet, but I will!!! I tried plaintain chips that almost tasted like a real potato chip, so that might work!
  • tulaniq
    tulaniq Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been around a while and I could use a push too :) Welcome!
  • jquinte4
    jquinte4 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi! I'm new at this too. I feel the same way you do, My temptations for certain foods are my ENEMY! lol. I definately can use a push from time to time. I'm doing fairly well with my exercise but the food is still sometimes a problem for me :mad: I'll sent you a friend request and hopefully we can motivate eachother. Good luck on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • Amymhis
    Amymhis Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to motivate others. It's very hard to stay strong. GOD I MISS CHEESE AND BREAD!!!! lol but it's worth it. I miss my old clothes so bad, can't wait to fit in them again!!! If you need any tips or advice please write me!!! Check out my health site,
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/HEALTHY-FOR-LIFE/115012505192087?REF=TS
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    request sent :)
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    I haven't found a way around french fry cravings yet, but I will!!! I tried plaintain chips that almost tasted like a real potato chip, so that might work!

I buy a bag of crinkle cut fries, and bake the serving size (15 most of the time). It is only 120 calories that way, and it really does satisfy me. That whole portion control thing is key! (Oh, and I bake them a little extra so they get crispy, and taste a little more like fried ones. :) )
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know what you mean. I've been doing this for awhile and now that I had my son, I'm back on the wagon. I love to log in my food and exercise. I did Weight Watchers in the past and lost 150lbs. But since I don't have a lot of time, this works into my schedule very well. I'll send you a friend request.
  • linake11
    linake11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I joined yesterday because I really need change in my life. I have been longing to have another child for so long, but my weight keeps climbing and climbing. I am at the heaviest I have ever been. In joining this site, I am hoping to learn from each and everyone on here and to be a support to those out there just like myself. My husband has jined as well in support of me and to help our family eat better. I look forward to getting to know many on here. Lets get this rockin'!!!!
  • ladiebug
    ladiebug Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    You can succeed in this fight of weight. I have to agree with the other ladies how much this site really helps and logging everything is where you'll see areas you need to watch. I havent lost much but I am a work in motion so when I drop the ball the next day is a new day....

Take care and Welcome aboard....
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a way around french fry cravings yet, but I will!!! I tried plaintain chips that almost tasted like a real potato chip, so that might work!

I buy a bag of crinkle cut fries, and bake the serving size (15 most of the time). It is only 120 calories that way, and it really does satisfy me. That whole portion control thing is key! (Oh, and I bake them a little extra so they get crispy, and taste a little more like fried ones. :) )

you can get sweet potato ones too - yumm