Yay me!

Options
I just weighed in and found I've lost 5 lbs to date! Yay! Soooo difficult in a busy lifestyle where fast-food places are at every corner. BUT, I know that I have to track my calories in MFP and I refuse to mess up my calories with such a fleeting happiness as french fries! ........at least while I'm on this journey! lol I've learned I can really do without a lot of the junk I was eating. And because I've been successful as of now, I am finding the willpower to resist the urge to eat my weight in Big-Macs. ;) My children are 21 and 17, one is out of the house in college and one is never home with a busy schedule, so I've decided no matter how easy it is for my husband and I to eat out all the time instead of cooking, cooking is BETTER for us! So, I'd rather enter some good food calories into MFP instead of seeing my caloric intake ruined because of something EASY.

Soooo, here's to me and some success! Looking forward to many more successes! :)

Replies

• MissJanay
    MissJanay Posts: 17
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyy! Good job! Keep it up
  • MissJanay
    MissJanay Posts: 17
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyy! Good job! Keep it up
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Good for you, keep it up! :)
  • ksherbak
    ksherbak Posts: 12
    Options
    Yay you!! Right with ya! Yay me!:wink:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    YEA YOU!!!!!!!! TERRIFIC JOB!!!!!!! McDonald's frenchfries are my weakness!!!!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    awesome! congrats!
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    great for you girl
  • rav52
    rav52 Posts: 495
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!! Keep up the good work
  • LeslieReagan
    Options
    congratulations!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    what a great perspective, keep it up
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    A huge congratulations sent your way:) That is a great accomplishment and you know you are heading in the right direction when you are making smarter food choices and not eating out. I also have 2 sons, ages 17 and 21 and for me, yes it would be easier to eat out but since commiting to this, I pretty much cook everything myself now. I do love McDonald's french fries too!! I pulled in the drive thru last week to just pick up a salad for my dinner and just the smell was tempting but as you make more progress, it just isn't worth it is it? Good luck to your continued success:)
  • Yoyoer
    Yoyoer Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks SO much for the kind words and encouragement!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!