I need Support!!!!!!

Options
Ok, I did horrible this weekend!!! I ate pizza (twice!) and drank pop and whatever else I wanted. Today I got up and said I would start again, I exercized, and ate well but I feel like I"m going through withdrawls and all I want to do it eat! I did blow it an hour ago and had a piece of leftover pizza. My husband has to keep the leftovers!! :angry: I should have posted before I ate that.So now I have to figure out what to eat for dinner that's good but dosen't make me feel deprived.

Replies

• EmilyGrace1981
    EmilyGrace1981 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did horrible this weekend!!! I ate pizza (twice!) and drank pop and whatever else I wanted. Today I got up and said I would start again, I exercized, and ate well but I feel like I"m going through withdrawls and all I want to do it eat! I did blow it an hour ago and had a piece of leftover pizza. My husband has to keep the leftovers!! :angry: I should have posted before I ate that.So now I have to figure out what to eat for dinner that's good but dosen't make me feel deprived.
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    Well put it behind you, you will be fine. Maybe do what I do when I want a little extra, I walk till I have "earned" enough extra calories. You will do fine we all do it from time to time. We use to have a saying when I was in the service, something bad would happen but we couldn't stop to think about it, or let it get us sidetracked it was: "screw it, drive on" it made us remember that we can't look back but keep going forward.
  • Itsindakiss
    Options
    I had 4 slices of pizza this weekend and got a little out of control myself. Just stay positive and start back up where you left off. I love fruit...so when I feel like I need to make up for eating too many calories I eat fruit or chicken breast with a little side salad. Just stick with it! :bigsmile:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You ARE going through withdrawl. :mad: it sucks but you had empty carbs and sugar on the pizza and now your body is screaming for more. instead of trying to figure out what you can have so you don't feel deprived, suck it up and drink a protein drink and eat some veggies and accept the fact that tonight you have to do without a bit cause you over did it this morning. and quit blaming your hubby for saving the left overs. no one twisted your arm to eat pizza, that was your choice. ok, so you chose pizza. let it go and from this second forward do the very best you can. because you deserve it and you shouldn't beat yourself up over it. but you should recognize it for what it is. do you log your food? not just here online, but in a journal at home? I know that makes a big difference for me, because I log it before I eat it. then log it here again after. you can do this. a suggestion for leftovers. if you are one of the nice guys who let their family eat food that is not on your diet, then try stuffing the leftovers in the freezer the minute they stop eating it.:happy: or you could be like me....if I can't have it, neither can you!! help me with what I need to do or suffer the consequences. :devil: I tried to be nice about it, and all I got was grumbling, and whining and gained 40 pounds. so, stick to your guns. best of luck RJ:flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my weakness. I love it!
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    You ARE going through withdrawl. :mad: it sucks but you had empty carbs and sugar on the pizza and now your body is screaming for more. instead of trying to figure out what you can have so you don't feel deprived, suck it up and drink a protein drink and eat some veggies and accept the fact that tonight you have to do without a bit cause you over did it this morning. and quit blaming your hubby for saving the left overs. no one twisted your arm to eat pizza, that was your choice. ok, so you chose pizza. let it go and from this second forward do the very best you can. because you deserve it and you shouldn't beat yourself up over it. but you should recognize it for what it is. do you log your food? not just here online, but in a journal at home? I know that makes a big difference for me, because I log it before I eat it. then log it here again after. you can do this. a suggestion for leftovers. if you are one of the nice guys who let their family eat food that is not on your diet, then try stuffing the leftovers in the freezer the minute they stop eating it.:happy: or you could be like me....if I can't have it, neither can you!! help me with what I need to do or suffer the consequences. :devil: I tried to be nice about it, and all I got was grumbling, and whining and gained 40 pounds. so, stick to your guns. best of luck RJ:flowerforyou:
    On the humorous side of your comment my father in law wieghs in at about135, he is 60 and about 5'8 trim and in good shape, his wife has maybe 5-8 extra pounds and everytime she diets, he, by default, diets, it's so funny he is going to dry up and blow away one day:laugh:
  • HeatherD
    HeatherD Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I agree with Bob. Forgive yourself and put it behind you. :smile: We ALL have days and weekends like that....If we can learn anything, like maybe what is behind these lapses in our control, then perhaps we can stop them before they start (or at least take control before things get too our of hand). I read this some where and I thought I might share it (I don't always do it myself, but it is good to keep in mind):

H. A. L. T

Are you Hungry? Angry? Lonely? or Tired?

If you (and by you, I me you AND me and probably just about everyone on this site) stop and think before overindulging then we can try to eat only for the right reasons...that we are HUNGRY. If we are wanting to eat because we are just fighting off emotions then that's when it is time to pull back the reigns and take a walk, or chew a piece of sugar free gum, or call a friend, or ask for help......

Hang in there! Take a walk or pop in an exercise tape today and then start with the best of intentions tomorrow! You deserve be proud of yourself.
  • Turtletot1
    Options
    I have this thing that If I have to totally give it up then it never works for me. I end up Bingeing and getting out of control. I love Pizza and you will end up having many more weekends like this. WHO CARES. Only you do. So make it up. Take a lite jog or walk. I will eat pizza and what ever I want and just do cardio to earn it. If I can't have it I WANT it. So just pick up where you left off and continue. You can have pizza just keep in mind only a piece of pizza will satisfy the craving don't eat 4 slices. Does all this make since? Hope this helps!
  • EmilyGrace1981
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your posts!! I have been beyond stressed out lately and I'm turning to food. I don't even like pizza that much! I just need to take a step back and think about what I'm going to put in my mouth. I come from a family of emotional eaters, and it is very had not to use food to make me happy. So I'm going to have a nice large chicken salad for dinner and a small amout of fruit and fat free yougurt for a snack!
    Thanks Everyone!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I Loved the HALT thing. I have to log everything or I will wander from the course. Stopping and thinking about it does help. Also, having to decide if I want to exercise another 30 mins so I can have pizza is an enormous factor for me. :grumble:
    BTW, I re-read my first post, I am very sorry if it came off all B****y and negative. I would never hurt your feelings on purpose so, please accept my apology. :flowerforyou: It's not a crime to eat pizza. I should not have made you feel that way. You are here for support in a difficult situation and I was out of line.
    Peace
    RJ

Just read your post, GOOD FOR YOU...those are all good foods. You made the right choice.
  • EmilyGrace1981
    Options
    I Loved the HALT thing. I have to log everything or I will wander from the course. Stopping and thinking about it does help. Also, having to decide if I want to exercise another 30 mins so I can have pizza is an enormous factor for me. :grumble:
    BTW, I re-read my first post, I am very sorry if it came off all B****y and negative. I would never hurt your feelings on purpose so, please accept my apology. :flowerforyou: It's not a crime to eat pizza. I should not have made you feel that way. You are here for support in a difficult situation and I was out of line.
    Peace
    RJ

Just read your post, GOOD FOR YOU...those are all good foods. You made the right choice.

No I didn't take it that way. But I can't blame my husband for my lack of will power. i also could take the initiative and throw the pizza away! Sometimes I need someone to be tough with me and tell me how it is. I am responsible for the weight I put on, and I need to be responsible to take it off!!!