I'm so mad at myself!

Options
I ate well today but I didn't end up going to the gym... argh! Instead I slept because I was so tired (I'm anemic) and now the gym will be closed soon and I don't think I have enough time to go :( ugh I'm so mad at myself.. why couldn't I force myself to stay awake and go?? I had planned to go mon-fri for an hour each time. And now my schedule will be all put off.

I'm just so disappointed in myself :( Anyone else having a bad day?

Replies

• Ainsley
    Ainsley Posts: 20
    Options
    I ate well today but I didn't end up going to the gym... argh! Instead I slept because I was so tired (I'm anemic) and now the gym will be closed soon and I don't think I have enough time to go :( ugh I'm so mad at myself.. why couldn't I force myself to stay awake and go?? I had planned to go mon-fri for an hour each time. And now my schedule will be all put off.

I'm just so disappointed in myself :( Anyone else having a bad day?
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing! I actually took a nap today instead of jumping on the treadmill! I still have time though. You could do some exercise at home. Even if it is just sit ups:wink: You might feel better doing something!:happy:
  • aznguysgrl
    Options
    being overweight we tend to focus on the negatives. I'm sure it's a great accomplishment eating right. I know it is for me! Because I love chocolate! Congrats on having will power!:wink: sleep is just as important as exercising! if you really want to exercise try riding the "bicycle" you lay on your back and peddle in air? does that sound weird? :blushing:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're having a bad day. Don't be too hard on yourself. There's plenty of other ways to get your exercise since you missed the gym. Do some jumping jacks or walk some laps around the house or turn on some lively music and dance yourself silly. :smile: Tomorrow's another day and you'll do better tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't be so hard on yourself. I had surgery last week so I can't exercise like I want to. Do you have stairs at your house? Sometimes I will run up and down the steps for about 10 minutes if I have no time to work out. Something is better than nothing.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    I jog around the house (back and forth from the kitchen to the living room) for 30 minutes. crank the music (put my husband to bed... i don't like it when people watch me exercise:tongue: ) and just run around. I burn over 400 calories. it's great
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    maybe some crunches in your chair, or leg lifts or something that's not too exhausting, anemia is a hard thing sometimes. My hubby is and it can be a huge effort to get even a little done. But he does leg lifts, or bends in the chair, or short trips to the mailbox and back. keep moving if you can. every little bit helps. just don't stress too much. its ok.