What do you like to eat when you're sick?

Options
With spring comes my annual bout of sinusitis. My face feels puffy and hurts. Even though I'm congested, I can't get any of that mucus out and my body hurts so much from lying around. Think I'll eat some jello today. What do you like to eat when you're under the weather? How do you perk yourself up when you're sick?

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Cereal is mine. A little sweet and crushy and not too spicy...
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    Chicken noodle soup (low sodium) and grilled cheese (with real cheese), the classics, but also lots of fruit.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Hot and Sour Soup. It is warm and helps clear the airways. Best soup if you have strep or with sinus issues.
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    roasted butternut with low-fat feta cheese, or just butternut soup
  • charmingopal
    charmingopal Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    soup sounds so good right now...
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    chicken noodle soup with fresh chicken and potatoes :bigsmile:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Any kind of soup would be good to help clear out the sinuses. Hot tea, too. You might want to stay away from dairy products when you already have mucus issues because for some people dairy can worsen mucus congestion.
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    to perk up i like to take hot showers for some reason i always seem to feel 100x's better when i am sick and i do that.,.,.i also drink alot of mint tea, soup, and drink vitamin c drinks
  • bigmamma56
    Options
    Homemade chicken and vegetable soup is good for the soul.....if you can't face soup...how about a small bowl of low fat ice -cream?

I always find putting my head under a towel over a bowl of hot steamed water with menthol crystals helps to clear my sinuses.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Soup, toast, and tea. :smile: Hope you feel better soon!
  • charmingopal
    charmingopal Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    thank you all!! great suggestions here... i think i will want that hot shower, hot tea and hot soup combo today :O)
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    When I'm stuck in bed sick, I usually only want cereal bars. I think it's because they're something small but with fair "nutritional value," not too much/little texture, quick and easy.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya today...sinus allergies are kicking my butt today : ( I love orange juice and G2 when I feel like this.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Grass soup with extra noodles. And saltines. Stomach flu, cold, whatever. It is my "comfort-me-I-am-sick" food.