I feel big...How heavy do I look? (Pics)

Options
Height: 5’8.5”
HW: 160 lbs
SW: 140 lbs
CW: 133 lbs
GW: 125 lbs

I would like to preface this post by saying I do not have an eating disorder. My sister was anorexic when she was a teenager and has been struggling with an eating disorder since. Ever since I began losing weight, many friends and family members have said “You’re not anorexic, are you?”, instead of celebrating my success with me. Let me just say, it’s quite annoying. I understand they are just concerned, but when I have been working my butt of at the gym and eating well, the last thing I want to hear is that I have developed an eating disorder. I have a healthy BMI and plan on keeping it that way.

Now that that’s out of the way... I can’t help but feel discouraged when I look at pictures of other women who have a similar build and weight and feel I look nothing like them. I understand that everyone’s body is different, but when someone my height looks ten times better than me when they are 20 lbs heavier, I must be doing something wrong. My boyfriend says I am crazy and that I look great, but he is too sweet and has said that since I met him two years ago and was a lot heavier. When we go out in public, he tries to find women who have a similar shape as I do so I can see what they look like. I always think they look way better than I do. Thoughts like “No way my thighs are that small!” and “Like I could fit into those clothes!” run through my head.

So, I ask everyone in the myfitnesspal community to please tell me how heavy I look in pictures, and what areas of my body could use some toning. I know this all must sound incredibly self-absorbed, and for that I truly apologize. I just want to be proud of my body and the hard work it took to get there, but I can’t seem to get over my negative self-image. At the same time, however, please don’t say positive things just to make me feel better. I want the truth, and I thank you so much in advance if you give it to me!

k1s7j5.jpg

2vdp3l3.jpg

Replies

• staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
    If you feel you don't look as great as you want, it isn't your weight. It has to do with toning and lean muscle. Start intaking more protein and doing more core exercises to tone your tummy. Guarantee you will be happier!
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You look thin, jhutton. Think about maintaining. If you want more toning, you can work on that while maintaining. That will ensure you have enough energy to keep up with the exercise. But to reiterate, you look thin. Be proud. Nice suit, too, very flattering.
  • simplynila
    simplynila Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You Look great! Seriously! :)
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    in the honest to god truth, you look GREAT! you have a smokin body! lol. i wish my body looked like yours. you have like the perfect proportions!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You look thin, jhutton. Think about maintaining. If you want more toning, you can work on that while maintaining. That will ensure you have enough energy to keep up with the exercise. But to reiterate, you look thin. Be proud. Nice suit, too, very flattering.
    in the honest to god truth, you look GREAT! you have a smokin body! lol. i wish my body looked like yours. you have like the perfect proportions!

Couldn't agree more with both of these posts!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    HI
    I think I know how you feel. I weigh 144lbs and feel like a giant heffer. I know most people no here would say my weight is ok but I personally feel I can do with losing some.
    OK. I reckon you look like 120-125lbs. Personally I would love to have your figure. You dont have bumps where your knickers dig in like I do and you have nice smooth lines, plus you have great legs. I'd love to look like you - seriously.
  • October1234
    Options
    I think you look fantastic, your naturaly toned, a perfect weight for your height, and im 2 inches shorter than you and weight the same! Like anything, dieting and exercising can be addictive, so just be careful, but i completely understand what you mean about people saying your too skinny, your not eating right etc etc, its anoying when you just want others to feel as happy as you do about your weight loss!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and currently weigh in at : 133 lbs.
    My Goal weight is 130 lbs.

Somedays I feel like I'm heavy - It's just a mind thing...

Personally to me: You look FANTASTIC...! but, if you want to tone up your body more --- You will need to do more Cardio & Strength Trainin'...also you need to eat Clean as well...

Best wishes on your Journey! :flowerforyou:
  • animechic23
    Options
    Height: 5’8.5”
    HW: 160 lbs
    SW: 140 lbs
    CW: 133 lbs
    GW: 125 lbs

I would like to preface this post by saying I do not have an eating disorder. My sister was anorexic when she was a teenager and has been struggling with an eating disorder since. Ever since I began losing weight, many friends and family members have said “You’re not anorexic, are you?”, instead of celebrating my success with me. Let me just say, it’s quite annoying. I understand they are just concerned, but when I have been working my butt of at the gym and eating well, the last thing I want to hear is that I have developed an eating disorder. I have a healthy BMI and plan on keeping it that way.

Now that that’s out of the way... I can’t help but feel discouraged when I look at pictures of other women who have a similar build and weight and feel I look nothing like them. I understand that everyone’s body is different, but when someone my height looks ten times better than me when they are 20 lbs heavier, I must be doing something wrong. My boyfriend says I am crazy and that I look great, but he is too sweet and has said that since I met him two years ago and was a lot heavier. When we go out in public, he tries to find women who have a similar shape as I do so I can see what they look like. I always think they look way better than I do. Thoughts like “No way my thighs are that small!” and “Like I could fit into those clothes!” run through my head.

So, I ask everyone in the myfitnesspal community to please tell me how heavy I look in pictures, and what areas of my body could use some toning. I know this all must sound incredibly self-absorbed, and for that I truly apologize. I just want to be proud of my body and the hard work it took to get there, but I can’t seem to get over my negative self-image. At the same time, however, please don’t say positive things just to make me feel better. I want the truth, and I thank you so much in advance if you give it to me!

k1s7j5.jpg

2vdp3l3.jpg

YOU LOOK GREAT! I wish I looked like that! Honest!
    But since you want our honest opinion...... not that I should be one to talk......
    I would work on toning your inner thighs and butt! :)
    They look fine but if your feeling self concious about your body in any way.... that would be my suggestion.
    I hope I didnt affend!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look great, wish my body looked like that. You sure as **** don't look big! Damn, ppl like you make me sick. Try having my body for a day. I got saggy unsightly skin. I sure as hell wouldn't look that good in a bathing suit.
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    i think you look amazing, just tone everything up. but otherwise awesome job.
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    Options
    you look fantastic! Not a single lovehandle or roll, no cottage cheese thighs - nothing! I agree that you might be feeling unhappy because you lack the definition that some people have...but I also think you have a problem that a LOT of women have. We don't see ourselves as we really are (an extreme case would be body dysmorphic disorder but its basically the same). Maybe what you REALLY need to do is compliment yourself in the mirror, fake it until you make it. You need to see yourself as gorgeous because you are.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I see that this is your second post asking this...

Honestly, you look great, and any bad feelings you're having right now are purely self-confidence based.

Listen to your boyfriend -- he's right.
  • lauralaurafish
    lauralaurafish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound mean but this is a big waste of time. Regardless of what anyone says, you still have negative thoughts about your body. Therefore, though you may not have an eating disorder, you do have some type of body dysmorphic disorder because I honestly cannot see any areas on your body that would be a problem. Since your sister had to deal with anorexia, I would recommend you see a physician or therapist because psychological problems may run in the family.

You said you wanted the truth, and that's my honest opinion.
  • jhutton_ch
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice! I have been a vegetarian since I was six, so eating lean protein can be pretty difficult when I don't like tofu! But yes, I absolutely agree that I should do more core exercises. Thank you again!!!
  • crs10
    crs10 Posts: 6
    Options
    i would LOVE to have that body. You have a problem if you think you look HUGE.
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing. Seriously, that's my dream body!! You look thin and fit and perfectly healthy... it's awesome!
  • cindyss
    cindyss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First off, I think you look great, keep up the good work, and my suggestion would be to keep working at staying FIT, and quit worrying about the weight....find a way to look at yourself and start saying I've worked hard, I FEEL good and I LOOK good!! We are our own worst critics, appreciate when those around you are saying you look good, I am sure they mean it.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    You are NOT big and you look really good! That said, I am in the same boat as you (same height, same weight) and feel the same way. Don't lose more weight-you will start to look unhealthy in your face and chest area. Work on strength and toning particularly work on core exercises and squats and lunges. Your weight may actually go up a few lbs. as you build more muscle but you will be tighter and I think that's what you are looking for. Truly though, you do look awesome and if you could make your brain agree you could just keep doing what you are doing and be fine.
  • Ashtarot
    Ashtarot Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You actually look a little on the thin side to me. I wouldn't lose anymore. I would try to gain a few more pounds in muscle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!