LIARS!!!!!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dancer and it took me a few classes to catch on but I love the cardio workout it gives me. I see results with inches fast and have many laughs at myself which makes it fun too. My teacher introduced new dances on Wednesday and I couldn't catch on easily but I know that next week will be better. I will never be able to coordinate as well as the teacher but it doesn't matter as long as I'm moving and burning calories. It's probably not for everyone but it is a great workout!
  • JenDOhio
    JenDOhio Posts: 32
    Options
    Don't give up!! I had a really hard time with it when I started. I couldn't get it at all and thought how terrible I must look doing it. I have slowly started catching on. I still have trouble from time to time but it is getting easier. It is sooo much fun and you burn tons of calories!!
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    :laugh: I feel exactly the same way!! lol. I'm the stereotypical white girl with no rhythm that CANNNOT catch onto those damn fast zumba moves no matter what I do! And most importantly it makes me feel stupid doing it because I know how silly I look! (and I figure if you're doing moves like that you should FEEL SEXY- part of the reason for enjoying doing it right?)

in my class, the white girls dance better than the black & spanish ones... its amazing but you can instantly tell who drops in here & there vs who likes, loves and works at it
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    Dont give up! I was the same when I started... My husband was laughing to tears watching me! Now I just shut the curtains and lock the door! If noone can see me then I dont pay attention to how silly I look. And it does get easier after few tries. Have you tried the basics video first? it teaches you the moves step by step.
    Good luck!
    That's right and what matters is that you are moving and burning cals!!! Keep on truckin!!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    It was a complete disaster for myself when I tried a class one time too. I turned left when others turned right...couldn't get the step. People looked at me like I was a fool. But I've never been able to get line dance steps or anything like that so I wasn't surprised.

Just keep doing it girl!! If you are doing it in your house who cares right! ITs a great calorie burn and more fun than most work outs. Don't look in any mirrors when you do it.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You know what there are worst things than looking silly. Its about enjoyment and having fun. KEEP POSITIVE and Keep Trying You can get the hang of it
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm right there with you. Only instead of at home, I did a couple of Zumba classes. I'm sure I looked like a fool. :embarassed: :ohwell: Oh well, live and learn.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i have no rhythm or co-ordination but find zumba great fun, i did a class once and loved it unfortunately it was a one off and i've never been able to find aother regular one that wouldn't break the bank, so i got it for the kinect (seeing as it was gathering dust) and i love it, the sensor doesn't accurately track my movements but thats an issue with the game, and heck i like the fact the instructor keeps telling me i'm doing it right when i'm facing the wrong way. i certainly can't wiggle my hips at the same time as jiggling my arms, but by god does it get me breathless? yes! do i get hot and sweaty? yes! that counts as a work out in my books, the fact i'm actually enjoying it it a huge bonus. horses for courses i guess, you either love it or hate it
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hey..the way I look at it...even if I look silly I'm still moving and burning lol! :)

My thoughts exactly, I have it for the WII and my kids and hubby laugh at me but whooooo cares, I am doing it for me!!
  • classicshell
    Options
    I have to say!! I have NO coordination, and by no (however loose) definition of the word a DANCER. I look so RIDICULOUS when I do my Zumba. In fact, I would say that a child who hasn't quite figured out their motor skills yet would do better than me.

But I sweat, and I work out, and I burn sooo many calories looking stupid!! :P I just don't stop when I mess up, and keep PRETENDING I know what I'm doing. LOL!!!