Your First Record...

Options

Replies

• suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Duran Duran "Hungry Like the Wolf" on a 45.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    One of The Partridge Family albums with David Cassidy, my dream guy (back then anyway).

It was definitely vinyl.
  • bassman2019
    bassman2019 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson - Thriller
    :embarassed:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I can`t remember which one exactly but something by the Bee Gees.
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    Ok so i am more than ashamed at mine!!

I bought boyzone- a different beat.. was on cassette tape in 1996 when i was 11

1st CD Was will smith-Big Willie Style was in 1997 when 12

I hang my head in shame :embarassed:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    "Hot Child in the City". Can't remember who sang that one.

That would be Nick Gilder.
    I do not know why I remember that piece of trivia, and have habitually been off by two days on my anniversary for most of the 15 years I've been married...

Mine was ELO's Out of The Blue. Double album on 12" vinyl for Christmas from my parents.
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm the youngest of six kids, so I mostly listened to what they had. But my first was Madonna's Like a Virgin, and I got it with a gift certificate I won for a school dance Halloween costume contest in 8th grade.

Ha, mine too! Of course my parents actually bought it, think I was about 5 when that came out. I waited until the video cam on MTV and made my mom watch and then begged her to buy it for me! Not sure why I was allowed to watch MTV when I was 5, but that's probably a topic f or a different thread!
  • michaelbrookes
    michaelbrookes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    no laughing you lot,my first record that i bought was on a 78 rpm smoke gets in your eyes in 1962, my taste has much improved over the years i'm glad to say
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the first album I ever received but the first album I ever bought with my own money was Boston.
  • cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ... But my first was Madonna's Like a Virgin, and I got it with a gift certificate I won for a school dance Halloween costume contest in 8th grade.

Now you have to tell us what the Halloween costume was that made you win the contest...come on, don't leave us hanging :tongue:

My first casette... Beach Boys - sometime in the early 90's :embarassed:

First CD I bought for myself was by an obscure trance-ish type South African band called Qcumba Zoo - I was 12 and in a pre-teen hippie stage ok!! I've just youtubed them (Qcumba Zoo, The Child Inside) and actually....they're not that bad! Just realised it's pretty good workout music...hmmm! Who woulda known :laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LzrkWfZJdA
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The Candy Man, Sammy Davis Jr. It was a 45 and I was 5, I think.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Kansas. Point of Know Return. I was hooked on Dust in the Wind. :blushing:
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    First CD's I ever purchased on my own, with my own money: Nirvana's Nevermind (which I just bought my son for his birthday!!) and a Mozart compilation. I was really into piano playing at the time. :)
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    WOW these are great! :drinker: Nothin' to be ashamed of! :glasses:

I'm so sad that someone's mom broke their Electric Avenue record vacuuming - are you sure it was an accident? :laugh:
    My Dad used to get so mad when we wanted to listen to U2 or General Public, etc. in the car - he would retaliate w/ Englebert Humperdinck (<== the name makes me giggle). He would also try to retaliate w/ his Lou Rawls and Nat King Cole tapes, but secretly we liked those one!

- - - -
    @ flipipinowardog: nice purchase for son! woot! i remember exactly what i was doing when I heard the news...i had just seen them play a few months before - i saw them late in the game !! MY HEARING HAS NEVER BEEN THE SAME!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    British Steel, Judas Preist. sweet album. :noway: I'm not counting the countless K-Tel albums i had.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    First cassette tape I bought was Pennywise - About Time

First CD i bought was Weezer - the blue album
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    First CD's I ever purchased on my own, with my own money: Nirvana's Nevermind (which I just bought my son for his birthday!!) and a Mozart compilation. I was really into piano playing at the time. :)

this was one of my first albums too!!
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    First cassette was Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water

First album was Aerosmith - Dream On.

I also had a Reel to Reel tape player and 8 Track player.

And before that I played stone records with a little birds beak. Like the Flintstones.
  • WWE_chick
    WWE_chick Posts: 86
    Options
    The first time I bought my OWN music was a giftcard I got when i was like 8 or 9yrs old. I didn't buy 1 CD it was a couple:

Changing Faces
    Real McCoy
    Backstreet Boys (they were my obsession at the time)
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    For me it was Def Leppard's Pyromania.... I was 12 and totally in love with Phil Collin's butt as it bounced back and forth on the TV screen. I can remember staying up to watch Headbanger's ball on MTV just so I could catch a glimpse of Def Leppard. Till this day they are still my fav. Matter of fact they are coming to KY state fair in Aug and guess where I am gonna be :love: :love: :love: :tongue: :tongue: :happy: :happy: :happy: :love: :laugh: :love: :happy: