Chocolae chip cookies....warm....

Options
I was in a conference all day and at 2:00 there was a huge plate of freshly baked warm chocolate chip cookies brought in for a little snack. I said to myself....I wont eat those!! I cant have them. Well, then I quickly remembered that I could have whatever I wanted just not the whole plate! LOL , So I ate one cookie and savored every bite and it was soooo good and I feel really proud of myself for not beating myself up about it and not saying oh to hell with it, I will eat a few more since I blew my diet for the day.......
And I owe it all to this website and reading all the posts and having such great support....(believe it or not)....thanks guys!!:blushing:

Replies

• amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was in a conference all day and at 2:00 there was a huge plate of freshly baked warm chocolate chip cookies brought in for a little snack. I said to myself....I wont eat those!! I cant have them. Well, then I quickly remembered that I could have whatever I wanted just not the whole plate! LOL , So I ate one cookie and savored every bite and it was soooo good and I feel really proud of myself for not beating myself up about it and not saying oh to hell with it, I will eat a few more since I blew my diet for the day.......
    And I owe it all to this website and reading all the posts and having such great support....(believe it or not)....thanks guys!!:blushing:
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Great job! I try not to restrict myself of anything. I try to savor and make good choices. In the long run, not feeling deprived may harm you more in the long run.

Stay strong! :wink: Julie
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    YOU DID IT....that is a huge victory for you. One cookie from a plate of warm and inviting ones calling your name. you did just the right thing, you had one, so no one pressured you into any guilt crap, you limited yourself, so there was no guilt there and you took the time to accept the cookie, and throughly enjoy the cookie, and now that there is no guilt and self recrimination you can go jog, or what ever with a clear mind. you have succeeded. you beat the cookie. good job.:love:
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Whoopsie - I meant that feeling deprived may harm you more in the long run.....
  • HeatherD
    HeatherD Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! A very good reminder for all of us!:flowerforyou:
  • EmilyGrace1981
    EmilyGrace1981 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! :happy:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! YOU SAID NO TO MORE? :noway: YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

WEIGH TO GO!!!!!!!!!
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :bigsmile: Thanks guys!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome. I don't think I could have eaten just one!!! Way to go!!!
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience the other day. When I got home, my son and his grandma had baked chocolate/chocolate chip cookies and they were cooling in the kitchen. I finally gave in and took a bite of one... it was rock-hard! I actually threw the rest of it away. From there on, it was pretty easy to avoid them.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Great job! I try not to restrict myself of anything. I try to savor and make good choices. In the long run, not feeling deprived may harm you more in the long run.

Stay strong! :wink: Julie

Julie, you're back! I'm thrilled!
  • Dena
    Dena Posts: 12
    Options
    Congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Very good!!
    =o)
    I've been trying to get myself in to that frame of mind too, to know I can have some, just not all! lol