struggling

Options
hey every1 , so tnite im going to friends for a few glasses of wine. However when drinking alcohol I always seem to sabotage my diet and binge eat to acess!!!!! sometimes consuming over 2000 calories in one go! I think this may be because I dont drink alcohol very often. However I would really like to no ways of stopping the binge eating when ive had alcohol. I only need two wines then I begin to feel drunk>? what noboday else seems to have this problem? maybe its because im only little?xx

Replies

• jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    not going to be very helpful, I'm afraid. If you already know you binge when you drink, then enjoy socializing with the friends and skip the alcohol :bigsmile: which goal is more important I guess would help the answer along
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    i thort u wud say that , any other tips?:bigsmile:
  • littlelol
    Options
    i wud like to drink and just not binge on food ha
  • HJSilva
    HJSilva Posts: 29
    Options
    If they are friends that you are very close with then maybe you could tell them what you are going through and bring your on own healthy snacks. This way you can still binge but you can cut they calories way back.
  • Roger3955
    Options
    chew gum. Find a sweet one that you really enjoy. If you have gum in your mouth you are less likely to grab a chip as you pass by the bowl. I find it helps me to not snack without thinking about it.
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    what if you try exercising more on the days you know you are going to go over your calories and bring a snack that you know is low in calories.,.,fruit always goes good with wine:).,.,.,.,or if you don't go out binging and drinking very often why don't you just chalk it up to a cheat day?
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    1. eat before you go 2. drink a glass of water after each glass of wine 3. bring your own snacks 4. if you know you can't stop the eating, don't have a bite...

I have the same exact problem. Good luck!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    what if you try exercising more on the days you know you are going to go over your calories and bring a snack that you know is low in calories.,.,fruit always goes good with wine:).,.,.,.,or if you don't go out binging and drinking very often why don't you just chalk it up to a cheat day?

I like this too, lol :drinker:
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I get drunk munchies too. Only way to avoid them is to not drink. :( sorry. So, either allow extra cals for the munchies, or prepare a healthy snack ahead of time that you won't feel too guilty about eating. I like sunflower seeds in the shell. I get to munch, but it's a slow process so it doesn't hurt my totals too bad. Good luck.
  • karencalleja
    karencalleja Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'M little too lol - and I love my alcohol so when I go to friends I normally eat my diet meal before I go or take my own (if they're very close friends) and then I won't binge when I'm at them. Try it - I'm sure you'll be ok - good luck :)
  • littlelol
    Options
    thanku xx