Scale is creeping up...

Options
I have not seen a loss in over a week!

I weigh every day - I know, bad me, but it isn't something I am likely to change. I have come to grips with the fact that their are fluctuations and don't get thrown by gains on most days.

Right now though, I feel like I am doing everything right. I have really worked to increase my water and have been exercising three times a week (sometimes four). My calories have been pretty good this week.

Why has the stupid scale gone up 5 pounds? I wanted to cry a little when I saw 219 again. I thought I was passed that number!

I'm confident that I will see a loss by next week, but it really is discouraging to see a number that you had sailed right past a few weeks ago. I am anxious to see the scale drop again. I'm holding out hope that I really am still 214 (because I am not sure what would explain the gain besides water retention). I just really badly want out of these 210s! That would put me to my lowest weight that I can remember being. Which would be fabulous!

Replies

• DjBliss05
    Options
    I have not seen a loss in over a week!

I weigh every day - I know, bad me, but it isn't something I am likely to change. I have come to grips with the fact that their are fluctuations and don't get thrown by gains on most days.

Right now though, I feel like I am doing everything right. I have really worked to increase my water and have been exercising three times a week (sometimes four). My calories have been pretty good this week.

Why has the stupid scale gone up 5 pounds? I wanted to cry a little when I saw 219 again. I thought I was passed that number!

I'm confident that I will see a loss by next week, but it really is discouraging to see a number that you had sailed right past a few weeks ago. I am anxious to see the scale drop again. I'm holding out hope that I really am still 214 (because I am not sure what would explain the gain besides water retention). I just really badly want out of these 210s! That would put me to my lowest weight that I can remember being. Which would be fabulous!
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    Ok first of all just throw out your scale. You don't need it. You can tell how well you're doing by the way your clothes are fitting and that you feel better.
    If you don't want to throw it away keep it at a friends or family members. Only weigh when you go there.

Are you feeling better? Also step up your workouts. Add 5 or 10 minutes to your routines or add a day.
  • gnu1971
    gnu1971 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you really can't get off the scale (TRY!), then try to add the other measures mentioned by mellymlk - especially the way you feel. Don't you feel great after a workout? A healthy, balanced meal? You are making so many positive changes!

Just checking - you are also watching your sodium and not eating, e.g., one huge meal and not feeding your body the rest of the day?

The way my clothes fit and keep getting smaller is my favorite feedback. I keep smiling when I think that I'm gaining muscle and losing fat. No matter what the scale says, every day I am working towards a leaner, healthier me!
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, besides pants getting kind of baggy, I feel like the only place I am getting feedback is the scale!

I do feel a little better, but have only lost about a 1/2 inch total.

I do eat throughout the day... usually 3 meals and 2 small snacks.

Water is hard for me, but I have increased it.

So thats where I am at... there definitely is a difference overall, but at this point I can't tell if I've hit a plateau or what.