You can look and tell he/she doesn't miss a meal...

Options
I heard someone say this today and it got me thinking about the irony of those words.

It could actually be a good thing. Yes, we know when you eat a lot during the day and it's all unhealthy, you can gain weight and therefore look like you don't miss a meal

...BUT...

If you are eating healthy and eating the way you should, you aren't missing meals there either!!! Actually, you should be eating more often with less calories at full meals and adding snacks.

Now, I feel like I eat MORE throughout the day than I used to, but they are all better decisions and WAY lower calories!

Replies

• kirstinkrueger
    Options
    i agree with you! it took a long time to learn that "dieting" didnt mean starving myself! I eat more now then i really ever have and ive been loosing more weight! ha
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Good topic, it a common misconception.

Now if only the rest of the world can see this :)
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    i agree with you! it took a long time to learn that "dieting" didnt mean starving myself! I eat more now then i really ever have and ive been loosing more weight! ha

Same here! But now that I know, I KNOW!!!
  • Reshie
    Reshie Posts: 12
    Options
    I totally agree with you! I feel like I eat way more then I used to. But I know all my food choices are good ones.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Stacie, I have to tell myself this all the time! ITs better to not miss a meal then miss one and binge instead. And I hate the way people look at me when I'm out eating. Like if I choose a salad, I'm obviously fooling myself. :/
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I never miss a meal. My sister constantly skips meals, but eventhough she's thinner than me, I'm much healthier. You can't just look at people and judge how they live their life and how they eat.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I totally agree. Not missing a meal should mean you're healthy! :flowerforyou:
  • staciekins
    Options
    Stacie, I have to tell myself this all the time! ITs better to not miss a meal then miss one and binge instead. And I hate the way people look at me when I'm out eating. Like if I choose a salad, I'm obviously fooling myself. :/

Right! I really hate when I used to drink coke and I opted for the diet. Some cashier literally said "Why are YOU getting diet? Do you really think that helps?" Or the "Yeah, a salad ain't gonna do you much good. I can tell you don't eat them often", but if I ate a ****ing burger, I would get the "No wonder she's fat" Lose-lose situation!!!
  • al_berri
    al_berri Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm still learning that dieting doesn't mean you have to starve yourself. Thank you for the post!
  • staciekins
    Options
    I'm still learning that dieting doesn't mean you have to starve yourself. Thank you for the post!

No prob. That's why I posted it :)