fitness tip to get some calorie burning in the day

Options
Don't sit and watch the microwave to finish. Do some squats while your standing there.
Same goes for when your cooking.

Doing little thing like that will burn calories and ad up :happy:

Replies

• mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    Don't sit and watch the microwave to finish. Do some squats while your standing there.
    Same goes for when your cooking.

Doing little thing like that will burn calories and ad up :happy:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I do butt squeezes in the car, and at my desk!!! haha:blushing:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    how about running up and down the stairs because your kids are yelling for you and won't come to you...:grumble:
  • msblondy16
    Options
    i do squats and calf raises when im preparing cell samples and during short incubation times!!! i get crazy looks from other grad students/supervisors in our labs...
  • ontrack454
    Options
    GREAT IDEA !!THANKS
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I frown and make faces at my coworkers all day.
    This uses lot of facial muscles. :tongue:
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Oh I have another one. Today I was at the mall (early) and decided to go up the escalator the opposite way! So if you don't have a gym this is a great great workout.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Until you fall and lose your teeth.:tongue:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all of these!

My general rule since starting this has been to MOVE for any excuse! Parking the car farther away, taking the stairs, running up and downstairs as much as possible, keeping the house perfectly tidy and running things where they go one at a time, push ups on the counter tops, tricep dips on chairs, calf raises on the stairs..... it goes on and on.....

No exericse diet tips...
    - brush teeth after dinner to prevent evening snacking
    - drink large mugs of tea all day - green in the morning, caffeine free at night
    - when hunger strikes, drop and do 100 crunches and then drink 500ml of water

:tongue:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all of these!

My general rule since starting this has been to MOVE for any excuse! Parking the car farther away, taking the stairs, running up and downstairs as much as possible, keeping the house perfectly tidy and running things where they go one at a time, push ups on the counter tops, tricep dips on chairs, calf raises on the stairs..... it goes on and on.....

No exericse diet tips...
    - drink large mugs of tea all day - green in the morning, caffeine free at night

These are great tips thank you. I have been trying to park farther away. I have been running up our stairs instead of walking and it feels great. I was thinking today that I have lost 22lbs and I wonder how it would feel to add that weight to my ankles and run up the stairs. WOW I can't believe I carried that around. And I still have more to loose. Pretty soon I will be running around. Cant catch me Im the gingerbread women. :tongue:
  • mellymlk
    Options
    I LOVE all of these!

No exericse diet tips...

I do all of this that's awesome. Especially keeping my house extremely clean lol.
  • AJCM
    Options
    I LOVE all of these!

No exericse diet tips...

These are great tips thank you. I have been trying to park farther away. I have been running up our stairs instead of walking and it feels great. I was thinking today that I have lost 22lbs and I wonder how it would feel to add that weight to my ankles and run up the stairs. WOW I can't believe I carried that around. And I still have more to loose. Pretty soon I will be running around. Cant catch me Im the gingerbread women. :tongue:

I can just tell from your attitude that you are going to lose every pound! CONGRATS!!!! Look toward your goals and keep on going!

We can do this!!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    I LOVE all of these!

No exericse diet tips...

I do all of this that's awesome. Especially keeping my house extremely clean lol.

Haha Mellymlk!!!! Me too with the housecleaning!!!

The first 20 or so minutes of my aerobic/cardio workout are at home, with me running around the house cleaning up, changing bed sheets, doing laundry, vacuuming, etc, all at a fast pace and with good iPod tunes! I wear my heart rate monitor to ensure that I keep my heart rate up (if it drops, I boost it running the stairs a few at a time, or jumping jacks, or burpies, etc).

I love mutlitaksing - and I LOVE having a clean and organized house all the time! I now vacuum almost everyday, and nothing is ever out of place!
    :flowerforyou:
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all of these!

No exericse diet tips...

The first 20 or so minutes of my aerobic/cardio workout are at home, with me running around the house cleaning up, changing bed sheets, doing laundry, vacuuming, etc, all at a fast pace and with good iPod tunes! I wear my heart rate monitor to ensure that I keep my heart rate up (if it drops, I boost it running the stairs a few at a time, or jumping jacks, or burpies, etc).

I love mutlitaksing - and I LOVE having a clean and organized house all the time! I now vacuum almost everyday, and nothing is ever out of place!

I need to start doing this cleaning blitz...it sounds like a win-win!
  • AJCM
    Options
    I LOVE all of these!

No exericse diet tips...

Cupcake568 - I'm not kidding, this is by far the BEST part of this whole diet!!!!

I dress for exercise (with runners) put on my iPod and heart rate monitor, and just run around the house! I get my heart rate up at the beginning I do laps of the lower level and run the stairs a few times (two stairs at a time).... please try it and let me know what you think!!!
    :wink: :flowerforyou:
    I need to start doing this cleaning blitz...it sounds like a win-win!