I feel big...How heavy do I look? (Pics)

Options
13»

Replies

• jhutton_ch
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice! I have been a vegetarian since I was six, so eating lean protein can be pretty difficult when I don't like tofu! But yes, I absolutely agree that I should do more core exercises. Thank you again!!!

Since you are vegetarien, try protein shakes instead. :) Make them with soy milk for extra protein :)

I have the BEST recipe for a shake I have every day. It is so satisfying and really good too! I use 1.5 cups of light vanilla soy milk, 1 cup of frozen strawberries, 1 frozen banana, and half a scoop of slim-fast french vanilla powder. It results in a huge shake that is to die for! Just make sure to defrost the bananas and strawberries in the microwave for 30 seconds to make the blender blades last longer. Enjoy!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You look lean, healthy and gorgeous!

I think if you lost much more weight, you wouldn't look as healthy. I agree with maintaining your current weight and just work on tweaking things a little if you want more muscle tone.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    the day i look like u, i will be happy :D
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    you look fantastic! Not a single lovehandle or roll, no cottage cheese thighs - nothing! I agree that you might be feeling unhappy because you lack the definition that some people have...but I also think you have a problem that a LOT of women have. We don't see ourselves as we really are (an extreme case would be body dysmorphic disorder but its basically the same). Maybe what you REALLY need to do is compliment yourself in the mirror, fake it until you make it. You need to see yourself as gorgeous because you are.

I agree with snookemz, compliment yourself more often. Everyone's body IS different; we each carry our own beauty. Find your beauty and embrace it.
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I'd give anything to be your size :)
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, too! I'm the same height as you, and my goal weight is 5 pounds heavier than your starting weight...... Must be those different body types you talked about! I would maybe recommend toning (if you're not already doing it). That'll tighten things up even more, give you more definition, but wouldn't necessarily take your weight down any more. I think you look great!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Listen to the numbers, you ARE the ideal weight for your height. Don't listen to your head telling you that you have problem areas. If you want to tone to look ripped, then tone to look ripped, but don't diet.

I have MFP set to gain so that I can tone and get in shape. Being under your ideal weight does not make you look better, it can cause osteoporosis, weaken your immune system, gives you bad skin, and makes you look sick. Stick to the weight you are.

If you think you need to lose, I would see a doctor.
  • jquinte4
    jquinte4 Posts: 17
    Options
    You look great!!! If I had a body like that, I'd be a happy girl. I know how you feel about having a negative body image, I struggle with that as well. However the change needs to start inside yourself. Sounds to me like you need to do some positive self talk and take compliments without putting a negative spin on them. It's sometimes heard to do but it WILL change how you view yourself. Good luck and remember that you look great, you worked hard, and you're awesome!
  • trudy45
    trudy45 Posts: 83
    Options
    i think you look fantastic! you have curves in all the right places and you have a beautiful figure!!!
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Honesty you look darn good. No wonder your boyfriend says you look great you do! I dont think you look too skinny at all i would say you have a healthy body.. I wish the stupid celebrity could see your body and go for that look instead of rail-thin look. Maybe if anything and I am grasping for straws you could perk up your butt and thighs a tiny bit. You would get there fast How toned do you want to get?
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Seriously. You have a gorgeous body. You should be proud of your accomplishments. I know how you feel though. But I think what is important is to not compare yourself with everyone. I do that too and in the end it's just counter productive.
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    To repeat what pretty much everyone else has said, you look fantastic. You have womanly curves, which you should flaunt. You do not look "big" in any way!

I"m sure you have some self-esteem issues if you are thinking you look big. That's what you have to work on right now. As others have suggested, maybe do some toning, for a little muscle definition.

Don't compare yourself to others, you are you and you should be proud of yourself and how you look! You're GORGEOUS!!!:flowerforyou:
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    you look lovely. Slim but not too skinny, lovely curves, great skin, no cellulite. fab
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    You look great. I have not read all the other posts, but I agree the issue is not really weight loss for you anymore. If you are unhappy with your toning and definition you need to get doing strength training and look more to a maintenance level of calories so you can build some muscle and burn off some of the remaining fat.
  • MyBeautyIsSkinDeep
    Options
    You look great!!!
    If you feel you don't look as great as you want, it isn't your weight. It has to do with toning and lean muscle. Start intaking more protein and doing more core exercises to tone your tummy. Guarantee you will be happier!
    [/quote

I Totally Agree Cause you look great Toning is the answer not losing weight!!! Maintain and Tone
  • Focusonfifty
    Focusonfifty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    SMH, you are not "big". You look fine, just do some overall toning. Good job on your weightloss and dedication to a healthy you. All the best.
  • PrincessGhee
    Options
    if thats BIG i must be GIANTIC. you look amazing. i would be so happy to have your body!
  • Lorijo50
    Lorijo50 Posts: 20
    Options
    You look just right. Start believing it! Keep what you have, you are a lovely person, I wish I looked as nice.
  • Sabochan
    Sabochan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would give anything to have a body like yours! Honestly, you look beautiful.

Please be aware that how you see yourself isn't how others see you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!