Looking to purchase an affordable Ellpitical

Options
Does anyone know of a good ellpitical? I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of money probably $500 or so. They have one at my Wal-Mart for $496 (?) but after reading the reviews online I don't think I will be buying that one. lol

Replies

• DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    There is one at the Walmart here for $147. It's a smaller one, good for putting in the bedroom or whatever. Still has the digital read out for calories burned and "distance" but I'm not sure if you can adjust it as far as "levels." I'm actually headed out to Walmart now, so I will check the brand on it when I'm there and post it here when I get back =)
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of options at ****ssportinggoods.com

And if it edits it... "Richard's" ;-)
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    There are a lot of options at ****ssportinggoods.com

And if it edits it... "Richard's" ;-)

it REALLY cracks me up that it edited that!!!!!!!!!!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I got a gold's gym one from walmart for like 180 something I think..I know it was less than $200. The reviews I read weren't entirely great on it, but most had to do with putting it together and then issues because (imo) they didn't put it together right lol. I've had mine for over a year, and until recently was over the weight limit for it and it still works perfectly for me. The only thing I dont like is that it's not really good for measuring distance if you're wanting one to let you know how many miles you go.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    The one for $147 at walmart is Weslo brand.
  • LacieLamp
    LacieLamp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for checking for me. I can't wait till next Friday when I finally get one makes it much more convenient to exercise having it in my living room.
  • lainieg
    lainieg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a Weslo elliptical machine, it is kinda small. Weight limit is 300lbs, so still sturdy. It is digital has 4 levels and a heart monitor. I love it, and it is very space saving. I got it at a store called Fleet Farm, and it was a little over $200. Hope that helps.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    I have a Weslo elliptical machine, it is kinda small. Weight limit is 300lbs, so still sturdy. It is digital has 4 levels and a heart monitor. I love it, and it is very space saving. I got it at a store called Fleet Farm, and it was a little over $200. Hope that helps.

thanks for the info! I REALLY want one!!!!
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Get one with at least 18 inch stride
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i don't know what the opinion on second hand in the US is, but i bought my cross trainer for almost half it's original price as i bought it through small ads in our local newspaper.
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Check out Craiglist for your area. There are a ton of used fitness equipment. You can get some really good quality stuff for next to nothing.