Looking for friends going on the same journey im on

Options
Im currently juMping thru hoops to have gastric bypass surgery .... From my SW i need to lose 175 lbs.... Ive lost 32 while under doctors orders to jump hoops.
Really im just looking for friends and support here maybe people who are going thru tbe same things so we can vent to eachother and encourage eachother...... If anyone is out there please add me :smile:

Replies

• chrystal559
    chrystal559 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend getting the gastric bypass. my mother had it ten years ago and and she has had all kinds of complications. She is anemic now, has no muscle wall on her stomach. she has been in the hospital off and on the last 5 years.... She is really sick and it is all complications of the gastric bypass.
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Hi Sugar5593,
    Welcome to one of the nicest sites I've found in a long time =)
    I'm a little confused as to why you want bypass when you've done such an awesome job loosing 32lbs. You are more than welcome to add me as a friend, I'm not having bypass but I'm here most nights (live in Australia), you can vent any time lol.
    Really do understand the weight loss blues, especially as I'm sitting at 77kilos for the past 2 weeks...ahhhh
    Again welcome aboard, join us in the adventure that is life :flowerforyou:
  • Sugar5593
    Sugar5593 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have close family members who have had it done, and got to see how different it was for each of them and though you know i could do that..... I know its a lot of work and will power but i could do it...... Now... After 32 lbs lost on my own im starting to think i can do it without surgery.... Im ztill jumping hoops.... But reconsiddring in the meentime.... I guess im just weighing th options
  • Sugar5593
    Options
    Thanks aegira.... I appreciate it
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Any time :happy:
    I have a work colleague who's in line to get it done, I'm not sure how much of a difference it'll make for her as she
    won't accept the fact that exercise forms a healthy part of life.
    At least you have the sense to take it carefully and be well informed.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i wanted the gastric band, until i realised that you can cheat it by eating soft foods - ice cream and lasagne slip through really easily whilst hings like breads and potatoes take their time

My consultant sent me for a body scan and it turns out my stomach is 3 times what it should be - so ive cut down from my 4000kcals a day intake to 1200 and i'm back every 3 months for another scan - if my stomach shrinks then i dont need the band because my stomach will be 'normal' size and so i'll need normal volumes of food to feel full

totally your choice but im proud of my 11lb weight loss in 2 weeks so far - have done it myself, no surgery, no starving myself, just changing the choices i make and planning meals in advance

my goal was 14lbs off in 4 weeks, well im 11lbs off in 2 so i do think ill make my first mini goal which will encourage me to do more :)

have been out for a 2 mile walk first thing this morning, with nothing but water in my stomach - now off to have a muller light chocolate yoghurt and chill with Hollyoaks until Tesco opens at 1pm

good luck x
  • Sugar5593
    Options
    Sarah,
    if you dont mind ne asking... Why did they do a body scan for your stomach? I mean like what symptoms made the dr. Think thats what it could be?