Motivational Sayings that Encourage ME

Options
My Mom has a couple of sayings that she always uses to help me when I'm trying to lose weight:

"Nothing tastes as GOOD as thin FEELS!" (no truer statement for my mind/body and it's my fav when tempted)

"A SECOND on the Lips is a LIFETIME on the HIPS!" (another fav to say in my mind when tempted by my favs, such as ice cream)

"Rome wasn't built in a day!" (meaning: You didn't put the weight on in day and you won't lose it one day either. Which is

always encouraging, especially when I'm getting frustrated with slow results)

***Please add your motivational sayings, we'll encourage each other with them.*****:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    loveee motivational sayings...

you should look up this site http://greatday.com/

it provides great daily motivations :) lovedd the ones you provided btw
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    *Its your story...you decide how it ends..*
  • cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My mantras:

--> It's a marathon not a sprint <--

***Don't limit your challenges, challenge your limits***

~!!!~ IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING ~!!!~

<<< Onward & upward!! >>>

I have lived by these four sayings since the beginning of my journey 6.5months ago, and my life has changed completely :flowerforyou:

Good luck all!
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people present!!!

Eat as much as you like--just don't swallow it.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    my fave 3 are variations on a theme:
    don't put off until tomorrow what can be done today
    procrastination is the thief of time
    tomorrow never comes
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people present!!!

i love that!
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    The Lord is my sheppard, I shall not want...." (this got me through very dark days)

"Love, Live & Laugh Often"

"Play hard or get off the field" (I am a soccer player LOL)
  • mdchica83
    Options
    I found a few of these on Facebook last night and loved them:

This body is UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Oncoming traffic, be prepared to STOP.

The feeling you get from a good (or bad) run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running.

"Nothing tastes as good as being sexy feels." - The Biggest Loser
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    I keep telling myself 'I say I will lose the weight someday, but in my 40 years so far....someday never showed up. Time to do this now"!

Good Luck
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but
    you can change yourself.

Enjoy life. This is not a dress rehearsal.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around andgive up. Figure out how to climb it,
    go through it, or work around it.

and my favorite....

Never give up. Never , never , give up!
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    I have an inspirational song that is my "go to" song when I get down. It's "How You Ever Gonna Know" by Garth Brooks. Here's a link to the lyrics if you are interested.

http://www.lyrics007.com/Garth Brooks Lyrics/How You Ever Gonna Know Lyrics.html
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    "You are the *kitten* in charge of your life"
  • Devol
    Devol Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    "Its nice to be important, but its more important to nice"

Have a great day everybody :-)
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    Thanks for adding to this post! I love reading everyone's motivational sayings!
  • nurseaim
    Options
    My mantras:

--> It's a marathon not a sprint <--

***Don't limit your challenges, challenge your limits***

~!!!~ IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING ~!!!~

<<< Onward & upward!! >>>

I have lived by these four sayings since the beginning of my journey 6.5months ago, and my life has changed completely :flowerforyou:

Good luck all!

I love this one..."It's a marathon, not a sprint"
    It remind me of..."don't stop believing..."
  • nurseaim
    Options
    I found a few of these on Facebook last night and loved them:

This body is UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Oncoming traffic, be prepared to STOP.

The feeling you get from a good (or bad) run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running.

"Nothing tastes as good as being sexy feels." - The Biggest Loser

I love The Biggest Loser 's version of "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"...I'm gonna tell my Mom that the new version is "Nothing tastes as GOOD as being SEXY feels!" <==== I love that...ty for sharing!
  • Ashley06118
    Options
    Another day, another victory.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

The future depends on what we do in the present.

Storms make oaks take roots.
  • nurseaim
    Options
    Another day, another victory.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

The future depends on what we do in the present.

Storms make oaks take roots.

Another great quote...I love "The future depends on what we do in the present". Thank-you for your addition to this post!
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    Was chatting with my niece one day and she said that her little girl was watching Nemo. At that very same time, that I was talking her, Dory told Nemo to "keep swimming!"

That set off some special memories of my childhood when my father taught me to swim. Of course I was scared and thought I couldn't do it, and was convinced that I was going to drown. As he held my tummy and my back with his strong daddy hands, he told me to, "keep swimming, kick your feet and paddle your arms." He continued to say "I've got you and I won't let go."

So as hard as exercising is, this is my motto! I have it posted in my workout room to tell me that I can get though this workout and anything else that might seem like an obstacle.

Keep Swimming!!
  • nurseaim
    Options
    Was chatting with my niece one day and she said that her little girl was watching Nemo. At that very same time, that I was talking her, Dory told Nemo to "keep swimming!"

That set off some special memories of my childhood when my father taught me to swim. Of course I was scared and thought I couldn't do it, and was convinced that I was going to drown. As he held my tummy and my back with his strong daddy hands, he told me to, "keep swimming, kick your feet and paddle your arms." He continued to say "I've got you and I won't let go."

So as hard as exercising is, this is my motto! I have it posted in my workout room to tell me that I can get though this workout and anything else that might seem like an obstacle.

Keep Swimming!!

What a lovely story--thank-you for sharing! Keep Swimming...it's simple yet, fun!