I ran a half marathon in the snow today .... :)

Options
emmaleigh47
emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
Today was my second ever half marathon. My first was sunny Miami Florida... Wisconsin is nothing like that. I have had this race on my calendar for a loooong time. This morning it was 15-20mph winds... raining/sleeting/snowing... and only about 36 degrees!

Yet with all of that, I finished. I started out running for 30 seconds at a time... and I have slowly worked my way up to the distance of a half marathon. I still do run walk, but I finish ...

You too can do this if you want it bad enough -- actually doesnt that just apply to everything in life.

Anyways... here is my story of the race ... its too long type here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/emmaleigh47

Replies

• sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I aspire to do the same, what an inspiration! Oh, and welcome to WI! It was 80 last weekend, 75 and gorgeous on Wednesday, and 35 and storms with snow yesterday! Ahhhh, April in Wisky...it'sa *kitten*!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! Thanks so much for sharing. Very inspirational. ;)
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Awesome job. Now my 20 mile bike ride this morning with 2 mph wind and sun doesn't seem impressive anymore :smile: .
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    whoo-hoo! congrats! so impressive - even in perfect, fair weather that's impressive, but you have surpassed that with the crazy weather you went through! i just ran my first 5k today - can't imagine adding 10 miles on top of that, but maybe i'll get there one day. congrats again!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are an inspiration!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: I would much rather run it in SIX degrees and sunshine(and I have) you are a trooper girl!!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Soo happy for you!! Congrats! I hope to do the same one day :-)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    That's really inspiring! Way to go! (I bet you hadn't expected it would be in the snow when you signed up for it!) :laugh:
  • SerenityGrl
    Options
    Amazing job! I was so excited about hearing how it went for you. You have worked hard, and it is paying off. Such an amazing feeling. Keep up the good work. You inspire me.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the kind words!
    I hope that my story ... as rocky as it has been... will inspire someone else to try running as well no matter what your size!

And BTW, nope I did not think the weather would be as crappy as it was. Apparently Wisconsin just does NOT want to have spring... we have had mostly below average temps. Still snow last night... its April for gosh sakes!
  • travelprincess
    travelprincess Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I am in SE Wisconsin so I know how brutal it was yesterday. Great job hanging in there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!