Your best diet food

Options
I've been on MFP since January and I love it!! I've lost a total of 34 so far and couldn't be happier. I would like to ask what is your best or favorite "diet" food? I'm eatting a variety of foods, but it's the same variety. I eat apples, grapes, carrots, cauliflower, bagel thins, ham, chicken, etc. I'm looking for new food ideas. My favorite food right now is granny apple and half ounce of cheddar cheese. So what's your fail safe food?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    1 cup of Blueberries and 4 oz Activia yogurt. Love it.
  • JessJoJell
    Options
    I recently tried the weight watcher frozen smoothie bars. I normally dont buy the ww stuff because its over priced and not very low calorie sometimes but these are amazing and only 60 calories! It helps me when the rest of my family is eating ice cream then I can join in but not blow my whole day :) good luck!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    seafood sticks - they average at about 50 cals for 4 depending on brand, always handy to have around for those days you need a few more cals but are stuffed
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Oopsie Roll with whipped cream and cinnamon. 70 calories (not counting butter...that's optional), 1 carb...so delicious! Picture in my profile.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Reduced Sodium Cottage Cheese w/ Sugar Free Blackberry Preserves & 1/2 cup Blackberries
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Better Oats Oatfit oatmeal- 100 calories of yummy!
    Starkist Tuna in pouches
    Kraft Mayo with Olive oil
    McDonalds Southwest salad with lowfat balsamic dressing
    McDonalds Fruit and Walnut salad
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

well done on your success.Im now firmly in the I love greek yoghurt camp.Just add fruit or honey.I use the fage total zero fat brand,it doesnt need anything adding actually it is still very nice either way.

Good Luck.
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean cereal with almond milk. 1 cup of cereal and 1 cup of almond milk = 180 calories. Very filling and stays with you.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I know it said food, and this is actually a drink, but I enjoy it so much and it's a waaay better alternative to pretty much any diet drink you're going to find. Every night I brew a huge pitcher with 3 bags of green tea, and 1 bag of tetley summerberry, and then just stick it in the fridge to chill. I used to add stevia but now I find it better without. Anyways it's a really nice alternative to boring old water, without all the junk in diet sodas (which I still love but try to limit), and it gives me some guilt free flavour =)
  • MsTru2U
    MsTru2U Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    laughing cow cheese wedges. 35 calories and all the full creamy flavoe of cheese.
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options
    Chobani fat free plain greek yogurt. I am obsessed with this stuff! It is packed with protein.

Also, I am loving my Kashi go lean high fiber/high protein cereals.
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • Cgem1203
    Cgem1203 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have lost weight eating pizza twice a day! Not even kidding....I get the Naan Flatbreads from Costco, put a Tbl spoon of Prego Healthy Heart Spaghetti Sauce on it, 1/4 cup of Lowfat Mozzarella, oregano, italian seasonings, garlic salt and red pepper flakes and toast it in the toaster oven until the crust is crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Totally delicious and about 315 calories per pizza. Pizza has always been my weakness and this totally satisfies my cravings for it. The flatbreads taste just like pizza crust done in the coal burning ovens...amazing.
  • kryscas
    kryscas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tofurky coconut curry tempeh with asparagus and cauliflower! Yum yum yum yum yum yum.....nom nom lol :)
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love the oatmeal I make in the morning! I put 1/2 of plain oatmeal, 2 tsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, 1/4 Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Maple Syrup, and 1/2 cup of water and cook it for 2 minutes stirring in the middle. I like my oatmeal sticky so I use less water than it calls for but it tastes just like the maple & brown sugar Quaker's from the packets but without all the calories. In total it is 158 calories. I eat this with eggbeaters in the morning and I am full and feel great until my next meal in three hours. I have also been making protein smoothie shakes and they are tasty, I put one scope of my protein powder I got a gnc I think it is their amp version and 1 banana, plus ice to the 500ml mark on my blender along with a few ounces of water and blend. It is a chocoaltie banana treat!
  • jen2bhottie
    jen2bhottie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Lowfat vanilla yogurt with fresh berries.
    W.W. English Toffee Ice Cream Bars (100 calories but great for ice cream night with the kids)
    DiGiorno 200 calorie portion pizza (love this with a simple side salad)
    **Quiznos- sm. (6in) Honey Bourbon Chicken on Wheat Sub- 315 calories of deliciousness (I needed a change from my standard turkey sub) this is my best find!
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    After exercise one tin of tuna, simply mixed with a dessertspoon of low fat mayo and some cracked black pepper and eaten with a spoon, is a fantastic protein source. I then have a carton of low fat soup (various flavours) which has a good balance of everything.
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have two...

First for breakfast I mix 1/2 c cottage cheese and 1 carton Dannon yogurt in my Magic Bullet. I HATE Cottage Cheese but always wanted to be able to eat it for quick protein and when you blend it with the yogurt you can't taste it at all and no gross chunks!! I pour that on top of strawberries/blueberries for breakfast every morning!

Second, I but a huge bag of zucchini, bag of colored peppers, package of mushrooms and dice them all up. I throw it in a freezer bag and use this every day to add to my meals. I just break up a cup or two and add it to spaghetti sauce, soup, eggs, rice, chili,...whatever I'm eating to bulk it up and add good stuff like fiber!

D.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites and a slice of whole wheat toast.
    Pretty filling and only 111 calories!