Calories burned from miscellaneous activities

Options
millmill89
millmill89 Posts: 17 Member
Gardening, yard work, vacuuming, sex, grocery shopping, fixing the car ... etc. Basically anything where you are getting some kind of work out as the secondary consequence rather then the primary goal. Do you keep tabs on these and factor them into your fitness diary? or is it such a small calorie loss that its insignificant and doesn't really matter?

Replies

• carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Actaully, most of these are listed under "Cardio Exercises". Except for sex, unfortunately.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Depends on how long the activity lasts. If it's a day where I'm doing lots of cleaning, yardwork, etc...I wear my HRM and calculate it. For those smaller jobs I don't count it.
  • jennbaby23
    Options
    i log it all in there, even sex. i just list it under dancing....lol!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Don't use them, they are day to day activities and actually you should acknowledge them in the type of activity level you have...Sedentary, Slightly Active, Active...Then this will tell you your resting metabolic rate and calories needed to MAINTAIN your weight. From there YOU decide how much you want to lose with an EXERCISE ROUTINE. To Me if you Count all these day to day things as your daily exercise, then you should use Sedentary as your Activity level, I don't think you can have it Both Ways, if so you are going to be over eating.

To change/control your Activity level hit Settings in the area where your Screen name is, then hit Update Diary/FITNESS Profile...
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    I guess, in the beginning it asked me what my everyday activity levels are, so I just figured that kind of stuff is considered inc;uded in there, even if its not EVERY DAY it was an average.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt bother counting them unless i was frightened of going into the red caloriewise that day
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I don't count stuff like that, I figure it's just a little bonus. I'd rather not count it and end up eating an exaggerated number of exercise calories.
    I have a crazy amount of dishes to do tonight, and cupcakes to bake and decorate, I know I'll get a little warm doing it, but there's no way I'd burn more than 200 calories.