Does 5 pounds made much of a difference on you?

Options

Replies

• AngieDee12
    AngieDee12 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is a great feeling!!!! When your tight clothes fit OK....or lose!!!!! LOVE IT. Fortunately, or Unfortunately (depending on how one looks at it)...an instant condfidence upper!
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5'3" and yes 5lbs make a difference especially if you are within a normal weight range. I understand about the +5/-5 thing. That is why I am here. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 20 pounds now, and the last five seemed to make a bigger difference than the first 15! It's like everything is getting sucked in and taking on a new, firmer shape.
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am 5 '4", I think even 5 pounds makes a big difference on me...
    Just wondered if others feel a lot different with 5 pounds...
    Anyhow, DOES anyone else have some good comparison pictures of just around 5 pounds???? ...

FIVE POUNDS MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE FOR ME BE IT FAT GAIN OR WATER WEIGHT. ITS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FITTING IN MY CLOTHES OR STRUGGLING TO FIND SOMETHING TO WEAR. I NEED TO GET FIVE TO TEN POUNDS BELOW MY DESIRED WEIGHT IF I WANT TO BE ABLE TO WEAR ALL OF MY CLOTHING ANY TIME I CHOOSE. I WISH IT WERE NOT SO. :-(
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my first five pounds (pre-MFP) made a difference, especially in my face.

As for the rest of my body, I think eating well and exercise made a difference because I stood a little straighter, a little prouder, if that makes sense. And I was firmer...not so...blubbery :wink:
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I think height has a lot to do with it. I'm 5'3 and the 5 pounds of bloat that I gain the week before Aunt Flow shows up is enough to make my clothes feel snug. However my husband is 6'4 and has to gain at least 15 pounds to really feel the difference.

This is why I jokingly tell people that I'm not overweight, I'm under tall :laugh:
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Five pounds makes a big difference in how my clothes fit. You wouldn't think it could, but you figure what 5 pounds of hamburger looks like and add it to your hip/thigh area. I usually stay at one weight, if I go just a couple (2-3) pounds heavier my jeans feel snug. If I go lower then my current weight they are loose. I suppose it depends on what type of pants you were wearing though. If they were stretchy I don't suppose you would notice as much.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I am looking for extra motivation to lose and keep off the "extra " 5-7 pounds that I seem to always keep on! (on my butt, hips, and thighs) LOSE it.....gain it back....over and over throughout the years. THANKS

I am just under 5'3" and 5-7 pounds can definitely make a difference in how my clothes fit but mostly in the "wings" and stomach. I also hang onto it in my hips and thighs. 9 pounds gone since March 3 and my thighs have only shrunk about 1/4". I know if I just keep at it, they'll start to get smaller eventually but it's frustrating.

If you're hanging around the same 5 pound mark, you're not doing too badly. It's when we start to creep up over the high end of it that it's time to take action! :laugh:
  • AngieDee12
    Options
    Yes, staying around 5 pounds to much still isn't terribly aweful, I agree any more on my 5'4" frame starts being bad. My thighs touch more, and my belly is softer and a bit bigger. I can tell a difference when I lay flat...in my pelvic bones too! Thanks for your input! Seems hereditary to as where our wt might go. My sis and mom are the same....more pear shaped that is for sure. BUT good news, it is less damaging to our health if we can in this area, as the fat is not as likely to be around our vital organs, such as the apple shape. Have to look at something good about bigger lower halfs! :)
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I think it does, especially if its the last couple of pouns. I only have about 5 more to lose, and I hear people tell me sometimes, "Why even bother? 5 lbs isn't anything!"

But, I honestly think it does. :]
    Especially when you're short! :P
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    5lb makes a huge difference to me, i blow up like a baloon when TOM comes to visit, nothing is comfortable then.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and five pounds make a huge difference!

If I'm 135 all my size 8 jeans fit perfectly, but at 140 I have no jeans to wear.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    One thing I heard at a conference that I think truly shows the difference 5 pounds can make is that a loss of 5 pounds takes 100 pounds of pressure off your knees.
  • Tangerine302
    Options
    One thing I heard at a conference that I think truly shows the difference 5 pounds can make is that a loss of 5 pounds takes 100 pounds of pressure off your knees.

Wow! That's interesting!
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    i'm 5'6", so im not short, but 5 pounds still makes a big difference on me.
  • AngieDee12
    Options
    Wow! That is motivation to keep wt off, even 5 pounds! Protect are knees! Thanks for the info
  • sheerjewel
    Options
    I'm 6ft tall and have lost about 7lbs so far and I can tell that my clothes fit a little better and are a little looser. I don't have any photos but all my friends and family have told me that they can see a difference already. XD
  • jesterday
    Options
    At my work, the nurse has a model of 5 pounds of fat on her desk, it is gross and huge!

It is exactly like this... http://londondailyphoto1.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-much-is-five-pounds-of-fat.html

I am 6'2" and I notice 5 pounds on myself!
  • AngieDee12
    Options
    Thank you! wow seeing it is a good motivatior for change! Those model of fat are expensive, about 85 dollars! Guess I won't be getting one, but it would have been neat.
  • Tangerine302
    Options
    Uhhhhhh..........I don't even know what to say! :)