Lunch ideas

Options
I need some help my friends. I am new to this site and have some questions. For breakfast and dinner I have been able to come up with good ideas for meals. I have a limited budget but need some good low cal lunch ideas...Thanks in advance!

Replies

• cconeill
    cconeill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Brocoli, Chicken, Cheese, Pop Chips, Fruit, Veggies, Brown Rice :) Protein Shake
  • bonnie1512
    bonnie1512 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i have the 2 pepper ryvita with some low fat spreading cheese and half slice of ham for my lunch with a ainsley harriot cuppa soup - all very low and filling. God luck with the diet
  • thisisjulz
    Options
    Oscar meyer deli turkey meat, a little mustard, tomato and a sandwich thin with cheese. So good and very low cal!
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    I don't mind eating the same thing every day for lunch, so I make a batch of yummy soup and have that every day.:flowerforyou:
  • ndswimchick22
    ndswimchick22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Salads are low cal, and you can always buy different ingredients to spice them up!

I do though love making turkey wraps. All you need is wheat wraps, turkey, lettuce and mustard. :)
  • happymommy2010
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the good ideas...i did the turkey sandwich today with a side of brocilli. Good and filling!
  • chicone
    chicone Posts: 17
    Options
    cottage cheese and oranges ham or turkey, sandwich thin, and mustard. lots of veggies. crab meat and cocktail sauce. salads Even PB & J sandwich.
  • AmLyWe
    AmLyWe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Flat out (wrap) +turkey/ ham+ Dijon mustard+ spinach+ maybe cheese = a yummy 200 calories! Top it off w/ a piece of fruit
  • megganwinland
    Options
    Tuna is so yummy. But can get old. I like to put tuna on everything. But lately i have been taking leftovers from dinner and putting them inside Mission 96% fat free tortillas and nuking it in the microwave. For example tonight I am having baked chicken and veggies. Add a little cheese and tomorrow you have a nice chicken wrap!
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been having wraps lately: deli turkey, half of a Laughing Cow wedge, and a carb balance tortilla. Add a side of fruit, and some cracker chips, and i'm good to go! LOL
  • nlhawthorne
    Options
    Homemade soup is great - I make a big batch every couple of weeks and freeze it in single servings. I usually have it with a wholemeal pitta bread and a low fat yoghurt. For me this is usually about 310kcals in total (although it depends on what you put in your soup obviously!).

Alternatively I might bake a potato (usually around 220g) in the microwave at work and have it with a snap pot of reduced salt and sugar beans (usually about 340kcals for me but depends on the size of the potato).

My other favourite is a wholewheat bagel with some cottage cheese (about 100g) and a slice of lean ham, which is about 365 kcals.

If I want to up my calorie intake for lunch (e.g. if I'm going to the gym that evening) I might have some extra fruit with my lunch (e.g. a banana will add about 100 kcals depending on the size), or maybe some sliced peppers with some low fat cream cheese as a dip (1 average pepper and a mini tub of light philadelphia will only set you back about 80 kcals), or if I'm in a grab-and-run mood that morning, a packet of snack-a-jack rice cakes (about 100kcals).

P.S. Some of the suggestions above are great, thanks all!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Large pasta shells stuffed with low-fat ricotta and spinach and topped with diced tomato and Italian seasoning. Make a few, freeze them, pop one or two in the microwave for lunch. :-)
  • Missjenn98
    Options
    bump
  • mommybrain82
    Options
    I will grill a bunch of chicken on Sunday night with whatever seasoning I am in the mood for. I eat it for dinner Sunday and then use it during the week in wraps or on a salad. With fat free dressings, tons of veggies, and low carb wraps you can still eat low cal and feel satisfied.

I also make taco salads with just lettuce and no chips or taco shells. Ground taco seasoned turkey, salsa, lite sour cream, black beans, corn, and other veggies are very filling.

Tomato soup is good with any kind of sandwich.

In the summer I will eat tomato sandwiches and watermelon or fat free potato chips if I am craving salt.

Hummus on a thin bagel with deli turkey, tomato and lettuce

Some days I just eat hummus and bagel chips or pretzels-you just have to be careful and measure them out so you do not eat too many.
  • stephann2009
    Options
    I eat the same thing for lunch every day LOL so i could use easy lunch ideas as well. I have 100 calorie bread, low fat turkey like 2 thin pieces and american cheese plain and either yoplait yogurt or smart pop which is also 100 calories..tuna is another good idea with low fat mayo...i also like to get those 100 calorie bagel thins toasted with the self size cream cheese low fat which i think ae 80 calories...ww meals or lean cuisine meals..hope it helps girl!
  • duffylinn
    duffylinn Posts: 30
    Options
    I usually take left overs from dinner, or make a low cal sandwich or pizza out of flat out wraps.