The Twilight Saga...

Options

Replies

• ninabonina
    Options
    AMAZING BOOKS!
    i just finished reading breaking dawn, soooo good!
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    I read that blog they put up too about Midnight Sun and, since the first time I saw it, they updated what we can read from the leaked version of the draft (just one chapter) to like 200 pages. It's up there for us all to see, but this was the update from June that I read underneath it- Im hoping the latest additions to that first leaked chapter are just the author giving us a teaser and not putting it as indefinetly unfinished AGAIN!!!

>>>June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun. <<<<

(from that same website refrences in PP, http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html)
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I read that blog they put up too about Midnight Sun and, since the first time I saw it, they updated what we can read from the leaked version of the draft (just one chapter) to like 200 pages. It's up there for us all to see, but this was the update from June that I read underneath it- Im hoping the latest additions to that first leaked chapter are just the author giving us a teaser and not putting it as indefinetly unfinished AGAIN!!!

>>>June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun. <<<<

(from that same website refrences in PP, http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html)

Oh I know!!! I read that and was hoping for the same thing - 12 chapters of an incomplete draft is far too much of a tease! I would love to read the whole story from Edward's side!

Let's cross fingers!

Also - I saw Vampire wine at the grocery store today - how cool is that? Man, I don't know how my husband puts up with me. :laugh:
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    omg, I dont know how my hubby does it either. I keep trying to get him to at least TRY to read it so I have an inside person, but he wont :)

I just finished the 12 chapters of Midnight Sun that they posted and I am LOVING it! Its very much what I hoped was going on in his head when I read Twilight. I cant WAIT till they release it!!..

wow. Im a nerd. lol :laugh:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I believe obsessed is not the word.. I live and breathe twilight.....
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Wait-They're going to go ahead and release Midnight Sun, even after it was leaked?!? Oh I hope they do! I just bought The Host, also by Stephenie Meyer, last night, but I'm not sure it will be as good as the Twilight series. We shall see!
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Okay, so maybe I am 24 going on 12 but I cannot stop reading these books! I am just into the 4th one right now (Breaking Dawn) and am going crazy that I have to be at work right now and not home reading!!!

Anyone else share my (somewhat slight) obsession? I mean, I love my husband but I am thinking that a hot vampire may be a nice change! :laugh: :heart:

A Hot Vampire like in Underworld or Interview with a Vampire
    A Hot Warlock like the guys in The Convent. 101.gif
    sssshhhhh I'm 41 and always will have an obessions with them 617.gif
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Just picked up the first one. Might start it today.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing about these books EVERYWHERE....I'm going to try and pick them up on Monday. How many are in the series? Lot's of pages? Tell me...tell me!!:bigsmile:
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I started the first one Saturday...finished it last night....bought number 2 today. I am 36!!!! I was enthralled. I really didn't want to read it, but so many people kept saying I had to so I did...totally didn't expect to find it one bit interesting. Never had an interest in vampire books...but this grabbed me and didn't let go!!
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing about these books EVERYWHERE....I'm going to try and pick them up on Monday. How many are in the series? Lot's of pages? Tell me...tell me!!:bigsmile:

4 books, and they are long! I think the first one has...Hold on, let me go look! 498 pages in the first one, and each new one is longer than the last. You'll love them!!

I finished The Host by SM on Sunday-It was SO good! It was a lot different than the Twilight series, but I saw some similar themes...It's worth checking out if you loved the Twilight series!
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I read these books and thought they were pretty good. I loved Jacob and Edward and would LOVE to be a vampire....Ya, I'm a kid as well lol.

I would love to read The Host. It's an adult books.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about this series and I bought the first one last night....

My kids said - ooh mom, I want to read that when you're done! Oh well - we're all kids at heart!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I figure anything that gets people to read is a good thing...
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I just read the first chapter of "midnight sun" on Stephenie Meyer's website. OMG, it is better than Twilight! I am glad I got to see Edward from Bella's side first though. He is much more scary from his own descriptions. How long will we have to wait for that one to come out?????????????????
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I'm 27 and I love them! My mom got addicted too. Really I think people (women mostly) of all ages get into them. The movie comes out in like 2 weeks!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I'm 27 and I love them! My mom got addicted too. Really I think people (women mostly) of all ages get into them. The movie comes out in like 2 weeks!

I will be going to that movie...even if I have to go alone! I can't wait!
  • melissa73
    Options
    I am excited about the movie too. My daughter found this web site today and I thought I would share.
    It is part of the midnight sun. But I haven't read it yet. But I think it is more that the first chapter.

Enjoy

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partialdraft3.pdf
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    And I the end they all sucked.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Glad you got that off your chest, 7 years later.