A Nice Surprise

Options
I didn't know what to expect when I stepped on the scale this morning. I expected to see some weight loss, but I just felt that it'd be less than the 2lbs I'd hope for. I had made it up in my mind that I would be more than happy with a 1-1.5lbs loss, even though I'd worked for more. I don't know how I did it to be quiet honest, but I reached my first goal weight that I had initially set at the beginning of this journey. I didn't expect to reach it yet. I knew achievement of it was in my near future, but I had no idea it'd be now- today!

It's like the day was set up perfectly for the accomplishment of this goal- this gift.

I think back to this time last year. I was sitting around all day doing absolutely nothing- mindlessly snacking on junk. I was staying up all night talking online and still mindlessly snacking on junk. I was hardly sleeping or I was sleeping way too much. I was grouchy, moody, and not at all happy with myself. I had zero self-confidence- I hated myself with a passion.

Now, to look back and see the amount of change that has taken place in a little bit less than a years time, it makes my heart swell up with gratitude. I am in awe.

87+ lbs lighter, running, circuit training, playing sports, eating healthy, sleeping well, feeling better about myself (still moody as ever, but I blame the Bipolar Disorder LOL- I have to laugh at myself sometimes)- and I no longer hate myself. I feel wonderful.

I've got 10lbs left to go- I decided that an ~10lbs more to lose will be a good weight for me to start maintaining and building muscle on.

I know the last 10lbs are the hardest, but I know that with the determination, patience, drive, discipline, and all the blessings God pours out on me and the strength He provides, I can do this.
I am so thankful for the gift of my health- so thankful to be able to do the things I love- to push myself- to challenge myself- to be able to live healthy and take care of the life I'm given.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above.." James 1:17
The entire sermon this morning was on gratitude- and it couldn't have been a more perfect setup for my day of reaching this goal weight- of receiving this amazing gift.

I'm so stoked to be here at the place I find myself, at this weight I set for myself. I did it- I got here in less than a year- and I can't waitt to live the rest of my life healthy.

Replies

• abbychick
    abbychick Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow.....great story!! Thanks for the motivation boost. Your positive attitude has really helped with your weight loss. Congratulations on everything you have accomplished!! :flowerforyou:
  • almst50
    almst50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's such a wonderful story. I'm also a Christian, here by grace, learning to let Him teach me to live in a way that glorifies Him and cares for the body He gave me. - About 40 lbs to go. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!