NSV Knotts Berry Farm

Options
Okay so I'm posting this because I spent 11 hours at Knotts Berry Farm walking with my family yesterday... Which happened to be the same exact Saturday that I hit my half way mark to my goal. And..... No back pain, no rest stops, no fat rash, no rides that I'm too big for, no I can't breathe moments, AND I even held my son a million times AND gave him a piggy back ride from Camp Snoopy all the way to the car.... Must have been about 20 minutes literally. So long story short, this is my non scale victory- I enjoyed myself nearly 70 lbs lighter and when I got home I realized that I am already an even better me/ mom (the healthier I get). ♥ So glad that I wasn't holding my family back yesterday ♥ Being there for them- That's what this is all about- and I'm doing it.

..... It just makes me want to keep on keeping on. I got this! I'm over the half way point and it's all down hill from here on. (Thats what I'm calling it even though its really harder the closer you get lol.... It's all a state of mind sometimes!)

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    That is just so awesome my eyes got a little misty (but that could also be because I just got back inside from a short run :laugh: ). It's wonderful to hear the real differences that MFP, and a little willpower, can make in someone's life. Wishing you many more days just like yesterday.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! I love Knott's! I can't wait to go this summer :)
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I think that is the best NSV I have ever read. Congrats to you and your family- because you are right. Being healthier is great not just for us but our families too.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV. Congrats.

On an unrelated note, Knott's was my very first job. If you ask an employee where the restroom is, and they point in a general direction and tell you, "straight, and to the right," they're new hires. They tell us to say that if we don't know where the nearest one is, because the thinking behind it is, "it's a square theme park...they'll find one eventually." Lol.
  • Bugg207
    Bugg207 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding dumb... Whats nsv stand for?
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory.
  • Bugg207
    Bugg207 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thank you, i am now in the know
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Good for you,that's a wonderful NSV! I bet your family is really greatful. It's got to be an amazing feeling to see how much getting healthy can change not only your life but your loved ones too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!