3 Ingredient Peanut butter cookies

Options
majic
majic Posts: 88 Member
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg

Mix really we. Roll dough out in even balls and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Press interlocking fork marks on the top of cookies. Bake @ 350 degrees for 8 minutes (or until puffy.)

These cookies are a great alternative to other cookies packed with flour. You can alternate the Sugar for spledna or any other sugar alternative.

Enjoy!

Replies

• majic
    Options
    1 Cup Peanut Butter
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 Egg

Mix really we. Roll dough out in even balls and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Press interlocking fork marks on the top of cookies. Bake @ 350 degrees for 8 minutes (or until puffy.)

These cookies are a great alternative to other cookies packed with flour. You can alternate the Sugar for spledna or any other sugar alternative.

Enjoy!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thanks my hubby will love them! I wish i could by splenda! Its so exspensive!
  • majic
    Options
    You're welcome. These are a favorite in our home.
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    Do you know the nutrition facts on these by chance?
  • majic
    Options
    That I do not know. And I don't know where to find them either. Sorry.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    This is an AMAZING website for getting recipe nutrition break-downs. I use it all the time:
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php#
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    1 Cup Peanut Butter
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 Egg

Enjoy!

Have you tried switching sugar for artificial sweetener? I feel like with these cookies that wouldn't work. I have made them with sugar before and sugar really contributes to their texture.
  • majic
    Options
    Thank you for that!
  • majic
    Options
    1 Cup Peanut Butter
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 Egg

Enjoy!

Have you tried switching sugar for artificial sweetener? I feel like with these cookies that wouldn't work. I have made them with sugar before and sugar really contributes to their texture.

I personally haven't and wouldn't. The person who gave me the recipe suggest doing so. I don't know if she has but they were the instructions I got. :blushing:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    ok, so that isn't a diet recipe at all, but who cares?lol I think it sounds delicious and thankyou for sharing it with us :) Also, figuring out the calories should be easy due to the fact it's only 3 ingredients. I love recipes like this for when company is coming around because u don't always have time to haul everything out of the pantry to bake cookies! Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    mmm sounds good. Did anyone come up with the cals?
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    how many cookies does it make?
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    This is based on making 24 cookies....

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 21 g

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 98Calories from Fat 50
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 5.6g9%
    Saturated Fat 1.2g6%
    Cholesterol 8mg3%
    Sodium 52mg2%
    Total Carbohydrates 10.4g3%
    Dietary Fiber 0.6g3%
    Sugars 9.3g
    Protein 2.9g

Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 1% • Iron 1%

Nutrition Grade C+
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I saw this recipe on a TV program about cooking for people with celiac disease. I decided to make them for a couple of friends with gluten intolerance. I looked online to find celiac-friendly peanut butter (Skippy's fine) and made them, first by the recipe, then with only 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar. I liked the less-sugar version better.

I even put a Hershey's kiss on some of them -- yummy!

I thought about making them with Splenda for my mom, who's diabetic. FYI, my celiac friend warned me that Splenda is NOT gluten-free.