baking/grilling tilapia

Options
clewliss
clewliss Posts: 640 Member
I have tilapia thawing for dinner tonight. We have a ballgame tonight (my kids) and I'm only going to have an hour at home to cook it...any good ideas? Or should I leave it in the refrigerator and go to plan B (don't know what that is yet).

Replies

• clewliss
    Options
    I have tilapia thawing for dinner tonight. We have a ballgame tonight (my kids) and I'm only going to have an hour at home to cook it...any good ideas? Or should I leave it in the refrigerator and go to plan B (don't know what that is yet).
  • froggirl
    Options
    Spray pan with non-stick spray. Spray fillets with i can't believe it's not butter spray, squeeze a little lemon on it, splash of worcestershire, salt & pepper, bake at 400 until it flakes with a fork.
  • clewliss
    Options
    Spray pan with non-stick spray. Spray fillets with i can't believe it's not butter spray, squeeze a little lemon on it, splash of worcestershire, salt & pepper, bake at 400 until it flakes with a fork.
    Thank you! Sounds pretty tasty:tongue:
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I do basically the same thing, 400* 15-20 minutes. I spay dish and fish with Pam and sprinkle whatever seasonings I am in the mood for

Mrs. Dash
    cumin, salt and pepper (very yummy)
    seasoned salt
    garlic salt

Whatever you have!
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    I've used some taco seasoning for it (there's an organic packet of seasoning I've picked up before specifically for fish tacos) and thoroughly cover it, spray some oil on a nonstick pan and cook it until it's just done, breaking it up for use in tacos. It's really good! Even my boyfriend who hates fish likes it. Pair with some corn tortillas and cabbage (or lettuce), tomatoes, and a little dollop of sour cream...delicious!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Our family loves Lemon Pepper on fish. Fast, easy, and tasty. Just sprinkle it on and bake. Enjoy!