Gals who get blonde weaves - What would you do?

Options
ThePinkSheep
ThePinkSheep Posts: 24 Member
This is so silly, but I wanted to ask what would you do?

I usually get full blonde weave highlights approx. every 2-3 months (push it out to 3 months with wearing hats!). I have a stylist that I really like and her price is very good for the area I live in.

However, in my Girl Scout Troop, there is a mom who is a stylist and she kept asking to do my hair and that she would match my current stylists' price. So I went to her.....well she hardly did any blonde and you couldn't even tell it had been done. And while I was writing the check she was making it clear how much she was reducing her usual rate but that because I have done "so much for the Troop" it was like her favor to me, which made me feel kinda bad.

Well, a month later my roots are so dark there is no way I can wait till 2-3 months and it is not cheap to have done again!

So my question is - should I try her one more time and make it very clear that I need WAY MORE blonde and hopefully she won't make another comment about price reduction. Cuz I will be seeing her over and over in the future at Troop meetings and school and don't want to hurt her feelings if I go back to my previous stylist who does it right.

What would you do?

TIA for your input!

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'd go to your stylist.

She had no qualms about letting you know you were getting such a reduced rate. You shouldn't settle for less than you want to spare her feelings. If she asks, tell her you feel felt funny about her having to cut her fee so much.
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am not blonde... but I want to comment! haha :) I say go back to the other stylist!! If she didn't do what you wanted AND then made you feel bad about pricing I can't imagine that its going to be any different the next time; it will probably get worse in fact. It could also impact your relationship with her in Girl Scouts if she were to start holding a grudge. I say stick with tried and true... it is so hard to find a good hair stylist!!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    If you dont want to tell her the truth tell her that your usual stylist is a family friend and you felt a bit disloyal. At the end of the day you like your stylist, you've always come away happy, haven't been made to feel guilty about dropped prices so why go elsewhere.
  • melissapoulin
    Options
    i don't have a weave or nething, but if it were me in your situation i wouldn't go to her again. i would tell her that my other stylist gave me a real good deal so i went back. if she would give you an even lower price than she already is then maybe go to her again, but make sue that you make it clear you want waaaaay more blonde than last time. if she can't give you a lower price then just tell her that times are tough, and you have to go with the stylist that is cheaper(even though she really isn't she doesn't have to know that) hopefully then she will understand and not have hurt feelings
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I would go back to the place that does it right...she shouldn't feel upset about it...tell her you don't want to involve personal business with the troop...or something like that...Or you could tell her you like to stay with your old stylist because you have been using her for so long and don't want to change...OR you could say you feel guilty that she has to lower her prices...and you can't afford to pay her full price?
    Good luck!
  • ThePinkSheep
    ThePinkSheep Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your time to send a reply.

And I have to agree with you, and will go back to what was working in the first place!

Thanks!