The start of the Two-a-Day workout challenge

Options

Replies

• JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    hope everyone had a great weekend! here's to a new week! let's get it! =)

my plan of attack this week is..

mon - am: 3 mile run pm: p90x chest & back

tues - am: p90x plyometrics pm: 45 min elliptical

wed - am: 3 mile run pm: p90x core synergistics

thurs - am: p90x shoulders & arms pm: 45 min elliptical

fri - am: 3 mile run pm: p90x legs & back

sat - am: p90x kenpo pm: 45 mins elliptical

sun - rest
  • HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey hey hey Good morning! Lets just say that last week was rough for me and I dont know why. Weekend was good went to a concert with my boyfriend and a friend so that was fun. Buuuuuut its monday and its time to get back on teh horse. Have two tests this week in class adn so I will only be working out once today tomorrow and wednesday but thursday will start two.

I plan on running today in between classes :o)

I am moving in with my boyfriend this week and will be moved in by next week and we both are going to start doing P90X. Well he doesnt get off work until later in the day and so I will have time to workout after work and then again after he gets off work. its gonna be great :o)

Hope everyone has an awesome monday!! :o)
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I got Insanity on teh weekend and started it today. It's definetly a calorie-burner, I was very flushed and red-faced after. Looking forward to really getting into it- I feel like once I get more accustomed to it, I will be able to work harder! I'm still planning to do two-a-days 5x per week, I'll be doing insanity in the morning and weight training in the evening. Saturday is insanity only, and sunday is a rest day.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! I had a great one :)
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I did half a workout this morning, does that count? AM:Half of Supreme 90 Day Shoulders about 20 minutes, Lunchtime: 48 minutes walk/jog/skip/jump. PM: Babysit granddaughter, oh wait, guess that doesn't count! ;->
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    I did half a workout this morning, does that count? AM:Half of Supreme 90 Day Shoulders about 20 minutes, Lunchtime: 48 minutes walk/jog/skip/jump. PM: Babysit granddaughter, oh wait, guess that doesn't count! ;->

All that sounds like it counts! I get exhausted running after my little niece (she's 15 months)!
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    Yesterday I was a machine and I'm paying for it today LOL. I did insanity pylometrics in the morning and again in the evening, as well as a quick run and weight session on my lunch break. On top of all that I did about 3 hours of spring cleaning--- got totally carried away. Now I have to get my butt moving and put the next insane dvd in ....
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    How are you likeing insanity? I am staring P90X again on monday but cant decide if I just want to buy insanity. Will probably just do what I have because I KNOW it works haha. Because I need to tone more than I need to lose now.
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    Well so far I like it. You really do sweat, and it seems like the more you do, the better you get at it.

Which SUCKS for me since I TWISTED MY DAMN ANKLE this morning. :sad:

SO I guess no cardio for me for at least a few days. You have no idea how frustrated I am about this. I was just starting to see some good changes in my physique. Now I'm afraid I will eat all my progress away :brokenheart:
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    AM: Shred it with Weights=29 min, Lunchtime: Walk/jog=57 minutes. PM: Mowed the lawn=45 minutes. I didn't take any exercise calories for that!
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    Well so far I like it. You really do sweat, and it seems like the more you do, the better you get at it.

Which SUCKS for me since I TWISTED MY DAMN ANKLE this morning. :sad:

SO I guess no cardio for me for at least a few days. You have no idea how frustrated I am about this. I was just starting to see some good changes in my physique. Now I'm afraid I will eat all my progress away :brokenheart:

I would just try and make sure that while you are unable to do cardio that you make sure to eat clean and a few days will not change your physiique so much that you can really tell a difference. :o)
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    Yah, I am just honestly really bad about counting calories and entering all my food. I really need the exercise to offset what I put in my mouth. On the bright side, my ankle feels a lot better today, so hopefully I won't be on the bench for too long!
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm almost back up and running again,I can actually bend my quad again!
    I am going to give until next Tuesday to be sure,so excited!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I did not post anything last week I was sick and was able to only worked out 3 days Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Here's the info

Monday- JM 30 day Shred L1 and L2
    Interval training on Treadmill 40mins+ 10 mins(warm up and cool down)

Tuesday- JM30DS L1
    Elliptical Trainer 45 mins

Wednesday- JM30DS L1
    Walking on incline on treadmill (4.0-6.0) 20 mins
    Tae Bo 8 mins

I got back to working out on Tuesday and taking it easy so not really doing. Here's what I hae done so far

Tuesday- Run on treadmill 3 miles than walk 1.5 miles

Wednesday: Burn Fat Boost Metabolism

Thursday: Ran outside 3.2 miles. JM30DS L1

I'm going to do a couple of days of a morning and an evening workout (5days/wk) but the other 3 days will do two workout back to back in the morning. It's hard to do it at night because I feel all I do is workout and work spending 13 hr day in my building since I workout at the company's onsite Gym.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Two/day-ers
    Have shredded every morning this week and walked every night except for Tuesday. DH and I got a 70 minute walk in tonight and it was fantastic!!!
    Feeling really good and so much stronger than when we started this!!!
    Tomorrows Friday , Woo Hoo'!!!!!!!

Have a great nite folks see ya in the am

Janet
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    My word,have been neglecting this thread,anyway how is everyone,starting working out again today,was super happy,felt all the happy hormones flying around....ready to do turbo jam tonight!
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    Alright did my crazy running around in the gym session including use of these machines

Morning: Treadmill+Stairmaster/Step Mill/Elliptical and the Assisted Dips/Pullups machine(love this)

Afternoon/Evening: A session or two of Turbo Jam Fatblaster my favourite because its like a form of HIIT! :D
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Two /dayers
    Hit 30dayshred Friday am and walked in the evening! Have not worked out at all this weekend, have spent time with DH :love: no excuse but much needed reconnect time. Back at it tomorrow!
    See everyone tomorrow!

Janet
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    good morning all!! I hope everyone had a very wonderful and restful weekend. I am finally moved in!! woo hoo...Back to stepping it up and get this done. I am starting P90X today with my boyfriend. Should be fun working out together Will work out once today (because of classes) and will work out once on wed because of classes and will work out twice on tuesday thursday friday saturday and once on sunday. That schedule is going to work best fo rme at this time I believe until school lets out at the beg of may. Then it will get more intense :o) Lets do this people :o) Hope everyone has an AWESOME monday!!!

so day will concist of

P90X Chest and Back, with ab ripper :o):o)
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well! I missed posting all of last week but have continued with two-a-days. This week will repeat my pattern for recent weeks: AM trail runs and Supreme 90 (substitute for P90X) strength training on alternating days. PM road bike rides four days a week and two evenings just fast paced walking with my wife. I used to take Sundays off but with the great weather I can't let a weekend day slip by so I'm taking Thursday.
  • aross999
    aross999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well, now that I'm done falling off the planet, I'm in desperate need of some accountability!

The fiance and I have just moved into a temporary living situation with his parents. I adore them, so that's not an issue - but his dad's obsession with butter/desserts/fried food is! I'm usually able to easily stay on track with my food, but I'm really struggling. My most viable solution at this point is to get back on my exercise and be intense about it.

Today's plan: 30 Day Shred and Turbo Jam CP3

Happy Monday - especially since it's a 4 day work week for some!