Chicken Wing Substitute?????

Options
2»

Replies

• deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    So, I love chicken wings and I had them tonight for dinner... and (this is really embarassing) I ended going over my cals by over 1000!!!!!! I knew they were bad, but since it was chicken I didn't think it was THAT bad!!! Anyone have ideas for healthy chicken wings??? I think it was probably the sauce, but I really don't know. Any thoughts?!

Get "naked." Eat them without the breading and trade up sugary sauces for hot sauces of some kind.
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    I usually get these preseasoned ones and then grill them. So, I'd say take some wings, take skin off if you want, rub them with cumin, pepper flakes, cajun seasonings maybe. Even put some hot sauce and let them sit for a while, then pop them on the grill or bake/broil them. I use light ranch and it's yummy.

YUM! i love this idea!!
  • genadawn1
    Options
    My substitute for hot wings is to boil boneless skinless chicken thighs till they are done. Then I clean as much of the fat off of them as I can and put them in a container with Frank's Red Hot and shake that up and let it sit overnight. The next evening we will put those on the BBQ grill to heat them up and give them a little "crisp". They taste just like wings but without the skin and bones. Yummy!
  • bansheechick
    Options
    Wings are bad all the way around, but one of my favorites to. When possible try them baked or grilled. Use Red Hot, no butter. At home we bake them then stick them on the grill just for a couple minutes.